Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Not Fair

So I'm at a meeting today and one of the presenters walks in with her baby and a few people down from me is a pregnant chick. Looking at this sentence, I realize most people would be like, so? But for someone who wants a baby so badly, it hit me in the gut. Then the pregnant chick says her boy name is.....wait for it.....Dawson. WTF?!?! What happened to normal names like Ryan, Joe, Daniel, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John. Ok slipping into disciple mode, but still they are good names. Oh and a guy I work with who has an 8 month old baby just found out his wife is pregnant with #2. Great.

So seriously, the bad names are everywhere. Another friend is having a boy and is going to name him Carver. Again, WTF?!?!?! Why are we making up names? I know there are some other ones out there, they are just not coming to me.

So the sickies are going around. Paige had a bad cold all weekend, Sunday night into Monday I started having bad chills, then woke up extremely achy and weak. So I stayed home all day Monday from work. I kept Paige home with me Monday morning, but sent her to school that afternoon. She seemed to be doing better, but then her teacher told me she was really tired all afternoon. UGH, I can't win. She didn't seem sick enough to stay home from school. A bunch of kids at the sitter's are dropping like flies too, and when I picked Paige up this afternoon her boyfriend (they've lived together for like 10 years and have a kid, I have no idea why they aren't married) told me Sandi started puking around 3pm. She's closed tomorrow. I'm so busy at work and I really needed to go in tomorrow. I'm definitely working Friday to make up for being out on Monday. I'm thinking about going in to work while Paige is at school in the afternoon, and then going back in at night when Mike is home. UGH.

Man I am so boring. I seriously cannot believe I just blogged this stuff-boring.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Sara, I agree with the name thing, there are some "different" names that I like...but some of them are just crazy. Here is one of our church bulletins with a whole article about naming children.

http://www.stpeterrcc.com/bulletins/StPeter-2009-01-11.pdf

M said...

You're not boring.

I actually know a Dawson, he is a piece of work.

I know you want a baby so badly and I just hate this for you. Has Mike done his testing yet?