Friday, January 16, 2009

Single Moms

Not to be confused with my current favorite song Single Ladies, I'm talkin single moms. Mike is out of town for the weekend, he left last night leaving me and the kid to not drive each other nuts. School was called off today which kind of stressed me out. Last night they were going to have a 2 hour delay which wouldn't have affected Paige's school at all, but this AM, it was closed. Seriously, they could have stuck with the 2 hour delay. Whatever. We had our moments today, but thank God for webkinz and the Wii. Actually, most of our moments came during Wii play. She gets frustrated so easily just like me, so it was so hard to stay calm with her while she was getting so mad. So really thank God for webkinz.

Tomorrow Ding Dong Dog starts doggy school-Saturday morning dog obidience classes for 8 weeks. She is a sweetie, but really needs some training. I'm dropping Paige off at a friend's house who has a daughter a year older than her, and they play together beautifully. I saw on the news tonight that we are supposed to get 4-7 inches of snow tomorrow so I'm sure we'll venture out to play in the white stuff tomorrow. Paige LOVES it.

Sunday we are going to Badger Bouncers and Luigi's with some other friends of ours. Aren't we just the social butterflies?

So after talking to the nurse on Wednesday, I started spotting so I knew my period was on it's way. Sure enough, it hit this morning packing a punch. I think super miserable periods are a side effect of Clomid. TMI alert-I'm going through tampons like crazy and ibuprofen like it's candy. Basically the ibuprofen is taking the edge off my cramps, but not getting rid of them completely. Good times. So since my progesterone was in the range the doctor likes, he's keeping me at 100 mg of Clomid. When Mike gets back on Sunday, I'm going to have him call the Aurora lab to get tested. The thought of it kind of skeeves me out, but whatever. I've had enough blood draws and crotch exams, I think he can do this.

Had a bowling excursion with my mom's group this week for a mom's night out. WHAT A BLAST!!!!! I think I bowled a 40 the first game, but rebounded and scored an 80 the next one. WHO HOO!

Off to hit the hay.

1 comment:

M said...

Why can I not be a follower of your blog.

Does it not like me?

:)