Thursday, December 18, 2008

Maybe the Third Time Will be the Charm

So I visit podiatrist numero dos today. Not a fan. Maybe he was more competent than cigarette chain smoker non glove wearing podiatrist numero uno, but he was a huge jerk.

The exam room door was left wide open the whole time I was there! So everyone in that clinic in earshot knows I take lexapro and clomid. Great. So I'm the crazy babymaker. He comes in, looks at my bandaged right toe (under strict instructions from pod #1 to leave the recovering ingrown toenail removed bandaged), asks what's up with the bandage and when I tell him it was removed by pod #1, he flinches and sort of shook his head. Um, what? So he asks me how he removed it and I was like, I didn't really watch him stick a sharp metal thing under my toenail and remove it, thanks. I told him that I knew he killed the root so it wouldn't grow back. Of course in his infinate wisdom, that was not good enough. This guy was such an arrogant jerk.

So moving onto the PF. I tell him I was just diagnosed and want a more specific treatment plan. He pokes around on my heel, rushes through and explanation of what PF is, and continues to bash pod #1. This time it's because he only had the inserts custom made (and bashed the way he did that) and didn't give me anything to manage the pain. In pod #1's defense, I did think I may be preggo and told this to pod #2. He said there's other things he could have done like ultrasound therapy. Whatever. Then he tells me he took over for pod #1 while pod #1 was sick, when pod #1 came back, he took back all of his "good" (read non MA patients) and left pod #2 with what he felt were the shitty patients. OK, so don't play out your personal vendetta against the man to me, K? So he states that the inserts he gives out are the best and better than custom made ones. Fine. He slaps a pair in my shoes. Again, fine. Then he gives me a cortisone shot, sends me home with celebrex and tells me to come back next week. No information about stretching, icing, how often to change my shoes, etc. Not at all what I came in for, and told him that's what I wanted.

He was basically a moneymaker. He had patients crammed in back to back, and told me that he loved flip flops because it brought more business to him. When I check back in with the front desk, the lady tells me that they want people to pay up front for the inserts and it will be $28. What an effing scam. He put the inserts in my shoes and had me put my shoes on right away. So I couldn't return them. So I made the follow up appointment, but I think I'm going to cancel it. I got a couple of other docs names in Green Bay. One is so good he's backed up until March. One I left a message with in the middle of a workday and they never got back to me. Weird. One I could get in in January, and I haven't called the other one yet. I'm going to call the one back where I could get in in January and do a little begging and pleading to see if they can get me in soon.

I am seriously pissed that he gave me the cortisone shot. I did a little bit of research on the internet about cortisone shots and I'm a little worried. It made my foot hurt so bad, I had to ice it and take ibuprofen. It's better, but my foot feels like I got a tetanus shot. I guess it will feel better tomorrow, but the internet said to use this after other treatments haven't worked because of the side effects (like PAIN). He also sent me home with Celebrex which I've decided I'm not taking. I looked on the celebrex website and I don't like the risks associated with it. I'll take some ibuprofen or aleve to reduce the inflammation. I also have no idea what he's going to do next week.

I am just so mad about those stupid inserts. I hope they work. I felt like I was totally scammed. I've come to the conclusion that any doctor who specializes in feet is probably a little strange, but the 2 I have been to are just bad doctors.

2 comments:

M said...

Wow! Either you have really bad luck or podiatrists just suck.

Trace said...

Bless your heart, poor thing. I know that when my feet hurt, it colors my whole day. I hope you get some relief soon!