Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Good Bye 2008

Here we are on New Year's Eve, 2008. I'm sitting here with the laptop, Mike is making venison jerky and we're watching ESPN. PARTY ON!!! We've never been big partiers on New Year's Eve (or ever), and ever since we had Paige, we've gotten even more boring. It's really just another night.

So Christmas kind of sucked. Paige and I had a pretty decent Christmas Eve, we made cookies and brought them over to the neighbor's. I made a really good lasagna for supper that night and Paige opened a few presents. She woke us up at 6 am on Christmas morning and I was just about dead when she woke us up. I actually told her to go back to bed, but of course that was unrealistic. She opened up more presents and we went to church. Came home, lounged for a while, then packed up and headed to my in laws near Hayward. Mike's stepdad was half in the bag, as usual, and his mom was at work. They didn't have a Christmas tree up. Good times. We went up to Hayward on Friday to spend the day with Mike's dad and stepmom. We actually had a pretty decent time there. We spent all day Saturday at his mom and stepdad's house. UGH. We finally convinced her to get out her fake tree Saturday afternoon, after asking her several times and telling her we almost bought her a fake tree at Walmart so they'd put one up. Her response "Christmas is over." Nice. So Mike brought in her fake 3 foot tree and we spent all of 5 minutes pulling the branches down, putting up one string of lights and one of garland and the tree skirt. Why her and her useless lazy husband couldn't do that, I'm not sure. The stepdad pissed me off several times that day. The first time was when he was talking to his daughter Saturday afternoon and said how bored he was and on his third brandy already. So are we that terrible that you have to drink to get through our visit? The other time was when I put Paige in time out after listening to her sassy mouth all day. He actually sat there and motioned to her to come out of time out. Um, no. Do not undermine my discipline.

Paige slept like crap the whole time we were there. The first night Mike had to lay with her until she fell asleep, and the next 2 nights we let her watch her dvd player to fall asleep. We NEVER do that. She is such a good sleeper at home, and is usually falling asleep while we read to her. Saturday morning she was up at 5 am. Sunday morning was....interesting. She came in our room at 2 am and said she was up for the day. Again um, no. We sent her back to her room and told her to watch her dvd player. She came back in at 3:30 am and said she was up for the day. Oh no. Sent her back to her room and she came back in at 4am. Frustrated, Mike laid down with her. When I got up a few hours later, he said she never fell back asleep after 4am. She says she never fell back asleep after she came in our room at 2am and I believe her. She's usually pretty honest about that stuff. So we were understandably extremely crabby Sunday morning and started packing up our stuff to go. Mike's mom thought we were mad at her (well, I was) so Mike and her talked about the stuff that pissed us off this weekend. She said she'd talk to Dave about it, but he's such an asshole, he'll just blow it off. Luckily Paige slept the whole way home, so the trip home was pretty uneventful. I just about cried with relief when we walked in the door. It's so good to be home!!!

I have lost all respect for Mike's mom. I don't even refer to her as my mother in law. It's always Mike's mom. The way she left Mike's dad was so shady. She left with a note and had been cheating on him with her now husband for who knows how long. She went right from the house she shared with her husband of 30 years to her boyfriend's house. Her husband is such an idiot. As my dad, who doesn't talk badly about ANYONE said "boy he really knows everything about everything, huh?" He's is so arrogant and thinks he's this all knowing genius about every topic. He used to do business in GB and thinks that the Prime Quarter is the coolest place to eat. Yeah, it's not 1993. He claims that he used to see Packers there. If I'm going to pay for a restaurant meal, I'm damn sure not cooking it. I don't know of anyone that goes to Prime Quarter. We were telling them about Hu Hot and they totally ignored us. His mom had turned into a materialistic bitch and we honestly think they reason she fell for this guy is because he has a lot of money and a house on the lake. She had an Explorer but it wasn't good enough. She wanted an Expedition so she got one.

Whatever. Enough bitching.

Because I have bad timing, I was fertile while we were at the in laws. Great. And I have to take OPKs to determine when I ovulate so I can go in for 7 day post O progesterone test. So everytime I went to the bathroom I had to take this stupid little cup and dipstick in the bathroom. I cannot pee in a cup without peeing all over myself. What a pain. Of course I got a positive on Friday. So we managed to do it 2 out of the 3 nights we were there. Not fun. I'm not a quiet girl.

After day 3 of mother-daughter togetherness, Paige and I are both still alive and not in the loony bin. We had a nice lazy day at home on Monday. Yesterday we went to Badger Bouncers for 2.5 hours, best place EVER! It really wore her out. Today we were driving each other crazy, so we went to GB in the afternoon to run errands. Tomorrow Mike is home all day with us. Maybe we'll go tubing. Friday we are going to a friend's house in the morning. I have my progesterone test on Friday. Not sure if I'll go to the hospital in GB or to the clinic in Oconto.

The cat is still awesome. He's fattening up nicely and is starting to become more playful. He gained three pounds in 2 weeks! He could probably gain another 2-3 pounds.

I got new glasses and picked them up today. I really like them alot!

2008 was a good year. I hope 2009 is just as good, and brings us the baby we want so badly!

No comments: