I know most of my peeps are probably really sick of hearing about this, but I am so excited to be an auntie!
Kristin called me on the morning of Wednesday, December 4th saying she starting having contractions around 2am that morning and they quit around 6:30 am, and were irregular. I told her that my contractions were irregular for about the 1st 8 hours and to keep me posted. I called her around 10am and 3:30 pm that day and nothing else had happened. She was crabby-understandable.
That night she started having contactions again and her and Tom went to the hospital around 10pm or so. She was not dilated and her contractions were irregular again, so they told her she could either go home and come back when they got regular, or stay the night and get induced in the morning. They went home were she had irregular contractions most of the night. They went back to the hospital the next day, late morning because they were so intense. Around 10 am on Thursday morning she called and said she was at the hospital and around 3 cm. I was so excited!!!! I burst into my friend Lisa's office, told her the news and danced around for a while! I was supposed to go to Madison for a work conference that day and am so glad that I didn't.
She called back that afternoon and said she was still 3-4 cm. I was supposed to go to GB that night for my mom's group Christmas party, so I said I'd stop by before the party. I got there around 6pm and she was only 5cm. She had just gotten the epi, some pitocin and her water broken. She looked really tired. I went to my party and had lots of fun! Went back to the hospital around 11pm and she had progressed to 8cm. Visited with her until about midnight, she made no progress while I was there. Several times while I was in the room, the baby's heartrate would drop suddenly and come back up again. I was so nervous, but tried to act normal. I left and made my mom promise to call as soon as the baby was born. I didn't want to leave, but I had a 45 minute drive, and knew I had to get up the next morning with Paige. Around 2am, I got a call from my mom saying "It's a boy!" I knew all along it was a boy!
Kristin started pushing not long after I left, and after about 40 minutes, he was just not coming down and his heartrate kept dropping. The doctor recommended a c-section and Kristin and Tom agreed. So Dylan Thomas, all 6 lbs. 14 oz of him arrived by c/s at 1:42 am on Friday, December 5th, 2008. When my mom called, they hadn't named him yet, so Kristin called back the next morning and told me he was Dylan Thomas. I wasn't crazy about the name Dylan at first, but it has really grown on me. I like it combined with Thomas. Paige and I visited them on Friday morning and I got her back in time for school. The three of us went back on Sunday to visit.
It is so weird to see my little sister as a mom. She is doing so well and recovering from the c/s beautifully. She has not once complained about the pain and is moving around like nothing ever happened. She's not pushing herself, but she's also not having us wait on her hand and foot. She is committed to nursing and is doing so well with that. I am so proud of her! I am so glad she is not going through the horrible PPD that I went through.
I visited them at home this past Friday while my dad watched Paige. He has the most easygoing temperment. He never cries!!! He sleeps so much that Kristin has to wake him up to feed him! Even when we put him in his crib to sleep, or in his car seat so Kristin could show me how tight his straps are, he did not make a peep! Paige could be almost comatose and I'd lay her in her crib so gently, but as soon as her body hit that crib, she'd wake up and cry. He's already up to 7 lbs. 4oz and Kristin is making milk like it's going out of style. It's pretty hilarious actually!
I have pictures of him on FB, but I'll have to post a few from yesterday. He's changed so much in a week already!
No comments:
Post a Comment