Thursday, December 11, 2008

Cat Rescuer Update

So I stop at the Oconto Humane Society today on my way home to get the cat and bring her back there. Good thing I did. They don't accept stray cats from Oconto Falls because apparently we have "animal control." Read: keep the animals in an outdoor cage for a week, then shoot it. So we can keep the cat for 8 days total, advertise her as a found stray and then she is considered ours after 8 days. When she's considered ours we can surrender her to the Humane Society. Great. So Paige will become even more attached. So I stopped at Pamida to get a scratching post, food and water dish and a few toys. Now we've stuck $40 into this cat. I made an appointment for an exam for her tomorrow-another $32. I have no idea what to do. I'm thinking about keeping it in the basement with the door closed until she's declawed and then keeping her. She can scratch up my basement furniture and there is plenty of room for her to roam around there. It's one big room. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

M said...

I saw that you're keeping it :)

BTW, that policy sounds ridiculously stupid.