Friday, May 02, 2008

In Between

So Paige is very annoyingly in between sizes right now. She's shot up to 44 inches, and has been growing in her legs. On one hand good because her TCP tops from last summer fit this summer. She's NEVER been able to wear clothes from a previous season.

However, size 4 pants are a bit too short, and size 5's are a little too long. She gets super annoyed when her pants are too long and rolls them up to a ridiculous length. Size 4 underwear are too small, size 6's are too big. Why they don't make size 5, I'm not sure.

I've also noticed that she's outgrown a few of her size 10 shoes, but a few of them still fit. Size 10-11 flip flops from TCP are too small, but the 12-13's fit. AGH!!!! So today, we go shoe shopping and what an ordeal. She's measuring around an 11.5 and I've been stuffing her into 10s!!! So after trying on a variety of size 11 and 12 shoes, we finally leave there with 2 cute pairs of shoes. (BOGO half off, so you HAVE to get 2!) I also got 2 pairs of sandals. I still have those croc/mary jane type shoes from TCP size 11 that I want to try on her, we'll see if they fit.

It seriously took us a half hour this morning to get her dressed. It started innocently enough with me asking her to pick out a ponytail holder that would match her clothes (we were going bowling with a friend and I wanted to pull her hair back.) She decides she wants to wear turquoise blue ponies which didn't match her clothes. So being super anal mom that I am, I tell her to pick out a shirt that matches the blue ponytail holders. We find one that matches, and I tell her to get dressed. She has her size 6 undies on and she's whining because "my underwear are all goofy." I've discovered that she can't wear jeans now because they make the size 6's bunch up and the too small size 4's ride up her hiney. So we try on several pairs of both the 4 and 6 undies with the jeans and nothing works. So I pick out black yoga pants that match the blue shirt. Fine. FINALLY after braiding her hair to her satisfaction, we attempt to put on the unbeknownst to me too small shoes which sets both of us off. Finally she wears her Dora tennies. AGH!!!!! She was very mis matched and it annoyed the crap out of me. It also made us 10 minutes late.

Damn high maintenence girls.

2 comments:

M said...

My goodness what a tall girl!!

Good news is summer is coming and all you have to do is find shorts that fit around the waist. Don't have to worry about stupid length issues.

Krista said...

I have a little drama momma myself (must be because Maura and Paige share the same birthday). I keep talking to my belly and telling Sara to please not be like her sister - I really don't think I could handle 2 high maintence girlies.