Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Mom's Night Out

OK, for some reason I'm feeling the need to get this out. It's really not that big of a deal, but I think I'll feel better. WTF is my problem?

So my mom's group had a mom's night out (commonly called an MNO) last night at Atlanta Bread Company. It was called "Ask Anything over Coffee" where we wrote down questions anonymously and went around and answered them. There was probably about 12 of us there.

For some reason last night I felt like a bumbling idiot last night! Everyone else was all prettied-up because they probably had time to get ready, opposed to me who left the house at 8:30am, worked until 5:30pm, ran to a rummage sale, then to Atlanta Bread without going home. So I was kind of stressed about that. Then for some reason because I think people see me as the "funny one" I have to put on this big show and make people laugh all the time. I felt like I couldn't stop talking and all I wanted to do was shut up and sit there quietly. I also felt like I was making a huge ass of myself and probably turning some people off since I was coming off as an obnoxious loudmouth. AGH!!!!

I should have left early, but I stayed until the bitter end. I think I have to tell myself to just chill out, I don't have to impress anyone, and just be myself!!!

3 comments:

M said...

I think you're fantastic just being yourself.

Although you did paint a pretty funny picture right there. Chicks with more money than God, mustaches, and money whores. Excitement all around.

Krista said...

OMG - I had a girl I used to know that I so wanted to wax her mustache - I could hardly stand it. I pretty much dared one of my bridesmaids to get her eyebrows waxed the day before my wedding and she did, and looks much better for it.

I never had sex in high school either! Truth be told I have only had sex with 2 men...the one I married and the one I was smart enough to not to.

Linda said...

Be yourself. Because you are a great person!!!