This working mom thing is bringing me down. Now I know the SAHM thing is not for me, but I just wish Mike had a different job so that he could help out with drop off and pick up. I mean he will when he has to (like when I'm out of town for work, or have to work late), but even one day a week where he was in charge of drop off and pick up would be nice, but it's just not possible where he's at right now.
But work has been very draining lately. The morale is horrible; the crap that other people can get away with makes me sick. For example the admin manager had her 40th (yes, 40th) work anniversary the other day so she brought in a bunch of food. Obviously she has way too much time at home and at work because she brought so much food she had to use a dolly to bring it in to the office and spent an hour of work time chopping veggies, cheese, sausage, and setting everything else up. My office is right by the break room so I could hear her chattering to everyone that came in about her anniversary and longevity check that came in over the weekend. IT WAS SO ANNOYING. This is from the same manager that yelled at our secretary for taking too long to put flowers in a vase. I slammed my door shut after about 10 minutes. I just can't tolerate that kind of shit.
Today we had an preparedness exercise (like a simulation or rehearsal) of a plague release by terrorists. We had to pretend that it really happened and open up a mass clinic to dispense meds to those exposed. I'm the Public Information Officer which does ALL of the media work, so I'm in what's called the Emergency Operations Center or the EOC. It was a huge joke. It was a mess. Completely unorganized and totally chaotic. My boss tried to do her best, but she's supposed to work closely with our Emergency Management director and he's an incompetent piece of shit. He really fucked the whole thing up. Later on we were supposed to share our thoughts and I said if we ever have an emergency here and have to open up and EOC I'm scared of what will happen. I spent tons of time preparing for this and making sure I knew my stuff and we spent the whole time trying to get organized.
Got back to my office a little after 4pm (quitting time) and realized that a co worker and I are supposed to present to an elementary school Tuesday afternoon on booster seats and we haven't done a thing to prepare. Not a big deal, but I'm off on Monday, and have a car seat apt. and meeting Tuesday afternoon. So I very quickly ran off 125 copies of a letter to parents, 125 color copies of a booster seat coupon, but still have to go over the cirriculum with my co worker, make 125 copies of a few other sheets, and find the stickers we pass out and video we show. I have about 2 hours on Tuesday to do this, plus catch up from being gone for a few days. I'M SO STRESSED!!!!!!
Plus I'm getting a cold. At least my dad is coming up tomorrow to watch Paige so I won't have to drop off and pick up. He also offered to cook supper tomorrow night and I'm sure he'll do laundry if I leave directions for him. He's a good dad.
4 comments:
Yay for Dad!!!!!!
Try not to stress too much. I feel the same way. I almost told ole Bob yesterday where to stick my coaching contract.
Oi vey girl........ you not having a good week :(
Holy Sith Spawn! A DOLLY!! and then an hour to chop it all up!!! I'd probably have slammed my door enough to rattle the windows!
Sorry to hear that Wisconsin is gonna go to Hell if terrorists decide to hit us in the cheese belt. I hate how one person can just screw up a perfectly fabulous plan.
and YAY for good daddys!!! Give him a hug from someone (me) who doesn't have one of those.
Hey Sara - Email me lpereira@cfl.rr.com
Post a Comment