Monday, September 18, 2006

Long Weekend

It was the usual Friday-Sunday, but it felt like much longer than that and here's why:

Friday: My usual day home with Paige. It was hmmm, how shall I say this...interesting? She has suddenly developed a bossy and defiant streak. The terrible two's have arrived at our house! "I want Cheerios. I want pudding. I want pasta. I wear brown shoes. Mama, watch out. Mama come here!" We're working on her saying "please" like "Mama can I please have Cheerios?" But it comes out like this:
Paige: "I want cheerios!"
Me:"What do you say?"
Paige: stares back, knowing full well what to say, but won't say it
Me: "Please? Say I want cheerios please"
Paige: (who normally copies my every word) "please"

UGGGHHHH!!!!!

Saturday: Guess what Mike did? If you said fishing, you're correct! I'M SO SICK OF FISHING AND CAN'T WAIT UNTIL HE STOPS GOING AT 5AM AND IS TIRED THE REST OF THE DAY BUT WON'T ADMIT HE'S TIRED. I needed some interfacing for the jammies I'm making for my mom's birthday present this Saturday and needed to get out of the house, so I took Paige to Walmart in Green Bay. She was actually quite good. Got home, fed her lunch, put her down for a nap, then volunteered at our church picnic all afternoon selling raffle tickets. Got home, and took Paige back up to the picnic for supper. Visited with some people we know, played at the park for a while, then came home and put Paige to bed. Mike went out in the garage to fix the Saturn, I went to turn on the kitchen faucet and as I shut it off, the handle popped off and the water kept running. I yelled for Mike to come in NOW and he luckily got the water to stop, but declared that we needed a new faucet. UGH!

Sunday: I take Paige to church and rather than come with us, Mike goes to Green Bay to get a new kitchen faucet. I'm still slightly peeved about that. He could've waited the hour we were in church, but nooooooo. But luckily Paige was good again in church. She got a little ancey a few times, but quiet and well behaved overall. Mike takes WAY too long in Green Bay and doesn't get home until almost lunchtime. So I put him in charge and it takes Paige an hour to eat lunch because he kept negiotiating with her. But whatever. I put her down and sit down to read the paper and watch football. About 2pm, Mike's cell phone rings and it's his dad. Him and Mike's stepmom are on their way to Green Bay to see Mike's step sister and then us, and their car is broke down in Green Bay. Mike gives them a tow truck phone number and heads down to Green Bay for the 2nd time in one day. Paige is still napping, but I lose it. I was so hoping for some time to myself, or at least for Mike to take over with Paige after her nap, but NOOOOOOO. And of course Mike or his dad had no clue if they were going to see the step sister or come straight here or whatever. Neither option was that good. They opt to see the stepsister and work on her car. Mike calls from her college and says they're going to just take a look at the car and they'll be leaving in about 15 minutes. I'm like, yeah right, but whatever. So about 10 minutes later he calls and says they're going to be at least a half hour because her car is overheating, and I go "oh you don't say! I KNEW THAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!" But they eventually all got to our house around 5:30 or so, and the step sister is carrying a huge laundry bag and the stepmom informs us that she needs to do laundry here. I'm thinking, huh? Are you going to pay me for it? But then she says they'll fold our laundry in return, which was much appreciated because we had at least 4 loads to be folded. I guess they had already worked it out with Mike, but he hadn't informed me of that. So we cooked pizza for supper and Paige ran around full of piss and vinegar showing off for them. I said that to her and Mike's dad said "oh no she's not showing off..don't call my girl a show-off." I said, "oh she sure is showing off" We went back and forth about 3 times before I finally dropped it, but it really chapped my ass. Um, I'm her mom, I know her BETTER than anyone else. So I got her in bed and worked on my sewing the rest of the night so I wouldn't have to talk to Mike's dad.

Today: They spent the night so they were in my way this morning, and Paige was extra-emotional and throwing fits left and right, so it was not a fun morning.

But we have a few fun things coming up. My dad called last night needing something to do tomorrow so he is going to come up and watch her and then we're going down to their place on Saturday for my mom's birthday. Mike isn't going because he'll be........FISHING!!!! But he said that it will be one of the last times he goes fishing for a while. I say IT will be the last time he goes fishing.

2 comments:

Koren said...

Sounds like an interesting weekend. I hate suprise visits by the in-laws. Burns me up too! They could have atleast called. Hope you have a better week.

Terri said...

Oh boy Sara. (((hugs)))