Thursday, September 07, 2006

Let the Madness Begin!

WHO HOO!!! Our citywide rummage sales started today, so I was 2 (yes, 2) hours late for work today. 1 hour was due to me not getting up until 7:15am and Paige being an overall whiny, crankypants this morning, and the other hour was rummaging.

We're broke as a joke right now, and only have $40 in our checkbook. I raided Mike's coin jar last night and picked out all the quarters and paid in quarters at 2 of the sales and for lunch today at Subway! I'm going to take out $30 to get me started at the 7am sales tomorrow morning and then run to the bank when it opens. I'm going tomorrow with a friend from work.

Today already I spent $18 and got Paige brand new snowpants, about 10 books, 3 tops, a Wiggles movie, a Little Tikes doll highchair, a winter hat, and a sweater for me! I can't wait to go tomorrow!

Mike is standing up in a wedding this weekend a couple of hours away so he has off of work tomorrow. He's going to drop Paige off at my mom and dad's tomorrow morning so I can rummage without worrying about getting back in a hurry. Then he's heading down to pick up his tux and get to the rehearsal. I'm driving separately and will probably stop and see my parents and Paige on my way down. Then I'm heading straight to a work conference on Sunday afternoon that runs until Tuesday, so I won't see Paige from Friday until Tuesday. I'm going to miss her and Mike so much! Well we're not sure if we're going to the conference because my boss didn't register us and it's full, so we'll see if they'll have room for 3 of us.

OK, it's 4:01, 1 minute past quitting time so I'm outta here!

3 comments:

Terri said...

Yay to the rummage sales!!! I should go tomorrow too. Let's go together!!!

Susan said...

Hope you had fun :)

Linda said...

So, how did the rest of the garage saling go???