Lost: one semi-sweet little girl
Found: one drama queen who hits, sasses, screams, squawks at EVERYTHING her dad and I say and refuses to eat.
The past few days have been pretty bad. I keep wondering what are we doing wrong? Is this just a phase or is this how life is going to be? Is it going to get worse? Is it because she's tired? If she's tired, why doesn't she sleep more? And the real kicker: WHY WON'T SHE EAT?!?!?!?!
Last night was one of the worst nights with her. She actually had a sassy day at Sandi's and had to sit in time out there. That's really unusual; she's normally an angel there and I think this was only the 2nd time she's sat in TO there. We got home, and as we are walking in, she didn't like something I said and hit me, so automatic 2 minute TO. She of course screamed the whole time. So I don't know if she was mad at me the rest of the night or what, BUT I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT LAST NIGHT. It was awful. Every word I said, every move I made I got sassed or squawked at. I can't really even describe it.
Every supper is a battle. We had leftover sloppy joes last night and I told her all she had to eat was the bun. What kid doesn't like buns? Well ours I guess. She refused so we said if you're not going to eat, then leave the table and the kitchen. She actually took that pretty well and played on her own for a bit. She kept asking for peanut butter or pasta, but we said no.
This one takes the cake...I pulled up to Sandi's the other day and all the kids were outside eating fruit snacks. I said, wow, I thought you didn't like fruit snacks. I know dumb thing to say, but Sandi was like "really, she eats them here." We can't get her to touch them at home. What kid doesn't eat fruit snacks? Do you know how utterly frustrating it is to KNOW she eats something at Sandi's but not here? UGH!!!!!!!!!!!
4 comments:
Repeat after me:
She'll eat when she's hungry!
Unless she's loosing weight or her energy level goes down, don't worry about it. I'm guessing if you and her daycare wrote down everything she consumed during the day, you'd be suprised, she's probably eating more than you think.
Ella eats all day at my dad's but then doesn't really eat at home, I figure she's just too busy.
Oh, and my kids don't eat bread at all. They're weird, and I'm okay with it.
Stef usually eats a great breakfast, a minimal lunch, and a bite or 2 for supper. Last night she wouldn't eat at all. Try not to stress yourself about it too much. Meredith is right, she'll eat when she's hungry. Toddlers must have some super energy converter to turn so little food into so MUCH energy. LOL.
As far as the sassing, it sounds like she's testing you. Does she always get a reaction out of you when she sasses? That might be the key right there. Stef was starting the squawking at me, so I just squawked back. She thought it was hilarious and it broke the squawky mood.
With the sleeping - I'm just as lost as you. Did you ask the pediatrician for help with that?
Sigh.......... I hear ya , I have a sassy little sucker myself. She absolutely loves pointing her finger at me and yelling like I do at her, monkey see monkey do, so I can't really do much on that one. Sunday was likely one of the worst days I've had with her to this day, then yesterday I pick her up at nana's and we get home she's an angel, we'll never figure it out, so don't stress yourself out over it, easy for us to say I know I know. Chin up as Charlotte would say to Wilbur :)
Post a Comment