Tuesday, September 05, 2006

I Say Darnit (and other Paige-isms....)

Paige has been talking so much and saying such funny things, I have to try to remember them. A few from the weekend:

"I say darnit": after farting, I asked her "what do you say" and I usually get a "scue me", but for some reason last night it was "I say darnit" and then she had to repeat herself over and over. It was pretty hilarious.

"I lay down mama's boob": after squirming around on my lap while rocking before bed, she finally found a comfy spot, and declared that it was on "mama's boob." Now she says it every time I rock her.

"I AM!!!!": after me telling her to put the puzzle together, she gives me this huge look full of attitude and proclaims "I AM!!!!!"

"Paige took a poop in her crib": fairly self explanatory, said to Mike after a nap. Luckily she was wearing a diaper!

"I got snots": again, fairly self explanatory, followed by one of the following several actions: walking up to Mike and wiping her nose on his shirt, wiping her own snot away with the back of her hand, or sucking the snot back in and whining "Paige can't blow" when I hold a kleenex up to her nose and tell her to blow. UGH!

That's all I can think of for now.

Our weekend was pretty low key. Paige has a cold, so we didn't want to do too much because she was quite tired and cranky. Mike ended up catching it and *knock on wood*, I still haven't. I catch all of her illnesses, so I'm shocked and avoiding Mike like the plague for fear of catching this cold. Anyway, Friday was our usual stay home and be bums day. Saturday morning, I went to a few rummage sales, then to Sam's club and grocery shopping in Green Bay by myself. Mike took Paige fishing, and then we went to the park after her nap. Sunday morning, Mike went fishing most of the morning, I took Paige to church ALONE, and then we played outside that afternoon. She just loves her sandbox and swing! She was so good in church and it was good to know that I can handle her alone. Then yesterday, we were major bums. I started working on the pj's I'm making for my mom's birthday. Knit is such a pita to work with. I can't get it to lay flat.

And now I'm back at work and procrastinating so I better roll. Hugs and kisses!

1 comment:

Terri said...

The Paige-isms are too funny! I love how much they're talking now. Here are some stay-away-from-Sara vibes going out to Mike & Paige's germs.