Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Progress? *Knock on Wood*

I think we are getting somewhere with meals with my little diva! She has been sitting on our laps for supper for the past few weeks, and we let her because she was eating fairly well. Tonight Mike had enough and said you need to sit in your big girl chair (her booster chair) and she of course started screeching. He said, "we'll give you a sticker if you sit in the chair" and she just said "OK", quit fussing and sat there for a good 20 minutes! I WAS SHOCKED!!!!!! And she actually ate our food! We had hamburger in gravy, mashed potatoes and green beans. She played with the beans and avoided the potatoes (weird, I know), but inhaled the hamburger! I couldn't believe it! She kept asking "sticker?" and we said, after you eat. She said she was full, I gave her an Elmo sticker and we put it on the calendar. My big girl! I'm so proud of her and of Mike for thinking of it.

I think we're getting somewhere with the discipline too. She's been getting better about walking into and out of the house, but if she fusses, I tell her to start walking before I count to 3 or she won't be able to climb into her carseat, which is a big deal for her. It seems to be working, I've been trying to use it at home too when she's dawdling and not listening.

Her newest thing today was to ask "mama what are you doing? dada what are you doing?" It was so hilarious! And when we ask her "what's going to work?" she replies "teamwork!" Straight outta Wonder Pets! I love my little girl!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Awwwwwwwwwww teamwork , how cute :)

Terri said...

Good job Paige! I wonder if stickers will work on Stef? I can't stand the dawdling! And I'm just about sick of her having to sit in my lap for supper too.

And thanks, now the Wonder Pets song will be stuck in my head all day long complete with the speech impediment Ling Ling sings with.