I actually had a pretty enjoyable weekend. On Friday, Paige and I met a girlfriend from college and her daughter who is 3 months younger at a play area at a mall near my parent's house. Paige actually got off my lap after only a few minutes and seemed to have a really good time. Then we went to my parent's house for the rest of the day. Got home and put her to bed that night.
On Saturday, I met another girlfriend and her 16 month old daughter for some serious rummage sales! I bought way too much and at the last one, I actually paid with change for this Dora necklace I was convinced Paige had to have. I left Paige with Mike; my friend's daughter held up really well, much better than Paige ever would have!
Mike went fishing on Sunday for most of the day so Paige and I hung out at home. We played outside for a while, and I washed and hung up about 5 loads of laundry.
I actually enjoyed Mike being gone and was kind of disapointed when he got home. I thought "this isn't good," and decided to have a talk that night. We haven't been getting along too well lately, lots of snapping at each other and basically not enjoying each other's company. Between his grandpa dying and the crap going on with my dad, we have just retreated to our own little corners and haven't been there for each other. We had a long talk that night and got lots of stuff worked out. We are going to spend more time together at night after Paige goes to bed, just talking. We also need to go out on more dates, just the two of us. I've never left Paige with a sitter besides family and I'm stressed out about it. My boss's daughter babysits and she lives just down the road, so I'm going to call her and have her come over a few times before we leave her with Paige. One of our favorite bands is playing near here on June 9th, so I think that might be the big night! We actually met at one of their concerts so it's got a sentimental feeling for us!
I lost 2 pounds!!! WHO HOO!!!! My pants are feeling just a little looser which is awesome. The only bad thing is I spent about $80 on 2 pairs of pants right before I started Weight Watchers and now they are too big. I'm going to try selling them on ebay, one pair is Gap Long and Lean Jeans and the other are dress pants from Lane Bryant. I tried on a pair of capri's from last summer and they are still a little tight, but they'll fit soon. I'm so proud of myself! I've been mixing half of regular yogurt and half of a light yogurt together, doing the same thing with my coffee creamer (a little regular, mostly fat free) and have really cut down on my desserts, and also eating veggies almost every night with dinner. I'll make a huge portion of veggies and fill up on those first.
Paige's party is this weekend! I can't wait to see her in her Dora dress and also can't wait to give her the kitchen!!!!! I'm pretty sure she'll like it. My baby is going to be 2!!!
1 comment:
Congratulations on the weight loss!
I'm glad you and Mike worked that stuff out. It's hard to remember to be a wife when you're a mommy too.
Post a Comment