Thursday, May 04, 2006

Where Do I Start?

I'm so behind, I know. The past few weeks were so crazy I feel like I'm just now starting to catch my breath.

Bad news on the preliminary hearing, it's going to a jury trial, probably sometime this fall. I have so many emotions around this issue, I don't even know where to start. Not the time to get into that I guess.

What happened to my sweet daughter? She has always been a little firecracker, but the past few days it's been non-stop whining and tantrums! I can't do anything right. I have so little patience with the whining, I just snap so easily with it. I'm trying to accept that we are heading into the terrible two's and that life might just be like this for a while.

We had a big car seat check event on Saturday. In three hours, 6 of us checked 43 seats. That's really cookin'! We sold 25 seats. We have appointment times from 2-5pm this afternoon and they are completely filled up. I'm glad people around here are FINALLY realizing the importance of keeping your child buckled up right.

On that note, my independant diva decided she MUST climb into her car seat now; I can't put her in it. It takes FOREVER! We've also hit the dawdling stage. Everything she sees and hears outside is so fascinating, we must stand there and have a running commentary about it.

My dad is watching Paige today since her sitter closed early. He came up last night and I put him to work right away! He trimmed my shrubs in the front. They were pretty out of control. He said afterwards, "you know how after you get your haircut, it's a little too short, but it grows back right away?" and I said "yeah?", he goes "just remember that when you look at your shrubs!" They're a little short, but at least they are cleaned up.

Her party is next week Saturday and I think I have everything under control. I even ordered her a Dora dress from ebay! I hope it's a halfway decent day so she can wear it. I'm a little worried about the day of the party, just having all of the food ready and the house clean. Also my parents, grandma, and Mike's dad, mom, stepmom and stepdad are going to be there so I hope first of all that his dad and mom get along ok, and that our friends don't get too obnoxious in front of my family. Maybe we should wait to put out the beer until after they leave!!

2 comments:

Terri said...

Ditto on the dawdling stage here too (Paige and Stef are SO much alike!)

I'm still allowed to do alot of things for her though.

LOL at the shrub hair cuts.

Koren said...

Just wait until she wants to buckle herself in. I have to give Ian a few minutes to attempt to buckle himself and wait until he says "help". If I try to buckle him right away he throws a freaking fit! Stupid independence!