My baby is two today, I can't believe it!
I still remember my pregnancy and delivery so clearly. Laughing and crying at the same time when my pregnancy came back positive, Mike not being able to understand me on the phone because I sounded like a crazy woman, puking several times a day for 15 weeks, being drop dead tired all the time, hearing her heartbeat for the first time, feeling her kick, finding out she's a girl, getting bigger and bigger by the second, attempting to take Duke for a walk while waddling my fat pregnant ass down the road, feeling that first contraction, laboring at home from 9a-5p alone until Mike got home, having a contraction so intense it brought me to all fours, throwing up all over myself and Mike, begging for an hour for the anesthesologist, feeling the infamous "ring of fire", and finally holding my sweet girl on my chest.
And now today, she's an energetic two year old: talking, laughing, dancing, jumping, and throwing lots of tantrums!!! I got an email today from Baby Center congratulating me on my "preschooler" with tips on potty training. Preschooler? Potty training? Where's my sweet baby who loved to hang out in her bouncy seat and would only nap in mama's arms for the first three months? Where's my breast pump that was attached to my body for 8 months? Where's my baby who would eat almost any kind of baby food I gave her? Now it's nothing but PB&J's, pancakes, waffles, pizza and oatmeal!
Potty training? Not even close. I'll hang on to my baby and keep changing diapers with a smile as I know these days will soon be a memory.
No comments:
Post a Comment