OK, this weather totally sucks. I'm becoming more and more like my mom every day! She hates the hot weather too! It's about 90 degrees and HUMID.
Yesterday I decided that we could not stay cooped up in the house for the rest of the day and today so we ran to the Family Dollar and got a pool for Paige. It was a huge pain in the ass to fill up because the hose water was super cold, but my ever thinking hubby decided to open the window to the basement, run the hose down there and fill up the pool with water from the hot water heater. Not a bad idea actually-better than me filling a bucket of hot water from the sink and bringing it outside 100 times. She really seemed to like splashing around in it-we were out for at least an hour yesterday and close to another hour this morning. I'm sure she'll want to go out again after her nap. She is so cute in her swimsuit and wet curly hair! I have a feeling we're going to go broke buying sunscreen and swim diapers this summer! I love the smell of sunscreen, weird? Maybe.
I'm suddenly obsessed with blinkies. It's so weird. It's like I finally discovered them, so I keep searching for cool ones to upload into photobucket. I FINALLY found a Friends one last night. I'm still trying to find a cool working mom one. I found a hilarious one last night: "It's formula, not rat poison!" I wish I would've had that one when she was a baby. I pumped my milk, but she also got formula very early on too. There's a bunch of (IMO) self righteous sahm and bf'ing ones, why isn't there a "proud to be a working mom" one.
Our dry spell is FINALLY over at home! It had probably been at least 2 months, but that was because we didn't like each other very much. Things have been MUCH better at home since we've talked. We both seem to be making an effort to communicate better. And 2 nights in a row! WHO HOO!!!!
Other than that, we had a pretty low key weekend. Just lots of laundry, cleaning, playing in the pool, etc. I just cannot handle this hot weather. I was out for about 10 minutes hanging up laundry and it was too much for me. Luckily, it's supposed to cool down this week back into the 70's. That I can handle.
4 comments:
There's a heat warning here today, not fun I hear ya. Jenna's been loving her pool also, however I have no choice on the buckets of hot water 100 times , lol. It's absolutely freezing if we don't do it , its not quite a hundred times about ten I guess, but still a pita. Congrats on the dry spell :)
She has all sorts of cute bathing sutis, I'm just far too lazy to get them out and bother putting them on her lol....... swimming diapers or naked if I know she won't poop works for me, at home anyways, if we go away swimming to someones house she'll have to wear her sexy little bikini for the boys, rofl.
WooHoo!!!! Two months is a looooonnnnnggggg time in my book.
It's hot here too! I am not looking forward to waddling around with swolen feet this summer.
Congrats on ending the dry spell. I think I would've died. I have a hard time going a week without. You go girl!
Its hot here too and 90 is cool compared to what it will be by Aug/Sept
Post a Comment