Friday, July 31, 2009

The Ol' One Two Punch

Nope not pregnant this month. On Tuesday morning I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. My stupid period didn't start until Thursday which technically made me a day or two late. So for two days I kept thinking, well maybe I tested too early, maybe I'm one of those unusual ones that gets a negative pee test, but positive blood test, blah blah blah. Oh no. I woke up Thursday morning and there it was.

To top off my sadness, I stopped at the Humane Society Thursday afternoon because they had a dog that they put in our paper last week that I absolutely fell in love in with. She was a golden retreiver mix. Mike and I talked about it for a little bit but never really decided. So since I was sad on Thursday I decided to stop in and see if this dog could cheer me up. Well someone put in a really good application on her and she's probably adopted out by now. Good for her, sad for me. So I'm looking at petfinder.com for little dogs that are good with kids but Mike is not on board with getting another dog. I figure if I can't have another baby, I'll get another dog. Maybe I'll turn into an animal hoarder.

In good news, I'm down 20 pounds! Yay me! However I stayed the same this past week and I'm afraid I won't go down much next week. I'm an emotional eater and I'm eating stuff I shouldn't be.

Tomorrow is the first day of August already. Yikes. Gotta get the kid some school supplies pretty soon. My baby will be in kindergarden....so weird.

No comments: