Tuesday night I felt the telltale goop and weird filmy feeling in my left eye. Look in the mirror and PINKEYE. UGH!!!!! So I decide to save myself time and money and just use Paige's eye drops from 2 weeks ago since I have the exact same symptoms. Called the pharmacist on Wednesday and he agrees that's fine. So after 3 full days of playing outside with Paige in the sun with no contacts (=no sunglasses) and 3 mornings of my eye crusted shut I realize that my eye is not getting better. I go into Urgent Care tonight and the NP thinks that Paige's drops may have been contaminated and she gives me new ones. I hope they work quickly because this is so annoying. I hate waking up with crusted shut eyes. I hate driving with my sunglasses over my glasses and then squinting in the sun while we're at the park. GAH. I know this is minor shit, but it's super annoying.
So Paige "graduated" from Safety Town today. I'm so glad I signed her up and that I took the week off. She learned so much! I have to admit though that I felt like the country bumpkin in the big city. Or maybe more like a 14 year old trapped in a 33 year old mom's body. I easily had the crappiest car in the parking lot. I saw many a Lexus, Acadia, Volvo, etc. I was the only one who had just one kid. All the other moms were walking in at least 1-3 other kids. I would hold the door open for these moms and very few said thank you. As we passed in the hall, they wouldn't look at me, smile or say hi. I just think that's rude. I really got the impression that alot of these women thought their shit didn't stink. Maybe it was because I didn't do my hair, had hardly any make up on, and had a t shirt and knit shorts on. I am not a morning person, and didn't think I needed to get all prettied up to drop my kid off and run errands while she was gone.
I had a super heartbreaking moment today. As Amy and I were walking down the hall at the school, Paige grabbed Amy's 3 year old daughter's hand and walked with her down the hall holding her hand. It was just so dear. Brought tears to my eyes then and it does right now. She's meant to be a big sister, why can't it happen for us?
No comments:
Post a Comment