Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thank God He's Home!

Holy shit if I had to go one more minute of being a single mom, I think I was going to check into the looney bin. Friday was LOOONNNGGG. All I could think of was "hang on until 3:45pm when we leave for Grace's birthday party at Badger Bouncers." Well while we were running errands Friday morning Paige complained that her eye hurt. I really blew it off, because, well let's face it, I'm a bitch. I stuck her in "quiet time" (read: watch a movie while I get an hour or so to myself) and pretty much ignored her. By around 2pm, her eye was all red and swollen and I thought shit, pinkeye. So I called her doctor who was booked solid the rest of the afternoon, but after hearing Paige's symptoms, squeezed us in. Yep pinkeye. Yep eye drops 4 times a day for 5 days. And yep, no birthday party because she was contagious. OMG, I felt like crying along with her when I broke the bad news to her.

On Friday night I get the bright idea to take her to the Milwaukee Zoo all day Saturday because we couldn't go play with any of her friends and we needed to do SOMETHING. So we packed up and headed to Milwaukee for the day. Driving in Milwaukee by myself with no help to help with directions was slightly nerve wracking, thank God Paige listened to me when I told her to be quiet so I could pay attention.

Grace's parents took pity on us for not being able to make Grace's kid party on Friday so they invited us to her family party on Sunday. That was really nice of them. Mike got to Kristin and Tom's around 3:30pm, so we got there, I dropped Paige off and sped home to have a few minutes to myself.

I'm so glad we went to the zoo on Saturday! Paige had an absolute blast and I pretty much let her do any thing she wanted. We got popcorn, ice cream, rode the train, she rode the carousel, and I think I spent $100 on goat food. She loved seeing all the animals too. The lions were pretty cool because the male lion paced back and forth right by the glass.

Babymaking news: my cyst is gone! YEAH! So I'll start Clomid on my next cycle with insemination the day after a positive ovulation predictor.

OK Mike is unpacking my Jenny Craig food so I better go help him with that.

No comments: