Wednesday, June 03, 2009

7 Pounds GONE In 2 Weeks!!!

I'm 7 pounds lighter than when I began Jenny Craig on May 20th! I'm so excited! I lost 2.8 pounds this week and almost dropped over when I saw the number on my scale. I really didn't stick to the menu very well this past week and "cheated" quite a bit, also didn't exercise as much either. But I must be doing something right. If I had a snack that wasn't on the menu, then I wouldn't have my JC snack. And I cheated mostly with reduced fat wheat thins, not sweets. I have been craving crackers SO BAD and couldn't resist them at Target. The food is expensive ($245 every 2 weeks), and I still have to buy my own dairy and produce, but IT'S WORKING! That's the most important thing. I got a new shipment of food yesterday and they sent a few meals that I know I won't like (meatloaf with BBQ sauce-YUCK), so I'll have to substitute a Lean Cuisine or some other meal like that. The first month of food was pre planned for me, so after this is gone, I get to pick my own food. Most of the food is pretty good. I have to start thinking of some things to reward myself for every 10 pounds I lose. Here's what I have so far:

10 pounds: New Kenny Chesney Greatest Hits CD
20 pounds: new pair of workout shoes
30 pounds:
40 pounds: family picture (I've been avoiding getting my picture taken)
50 pounds: shopping spree for new clothes!!!
60 pounds:
70 pounds:
80 pounds:
90 pounds:

Any ideas?

Our Memorial Day weekend in Eagle River was really nice. Mike took Paige fishing a lot, so I had lots of time to hang out with Dylan, read and relax. The weather was perfect so we really lucked out. We took Paige mini golfing and go-karting which she loved.

It's been a long few days. Paige's 5th birthday party was on Saturday. I hate getting ready for parties and this year was no exception. I was Queen Bitch working my ass off to get the house clean and ready and just about bit Mike's and Paige's head off a few times. Why do I do this every year? But everyone had a blast so that's what matters. I'm so annoyed with how rude people are. I invited around 30 people, put regrets only on the invite, got no phone calls from anyone saying they couldn't come, and only around 15 showed. Basically, family and some close friends from GB with a daughter a month younger than Paige. So we had an insane amount of food leftover and sent some home with people. My father in law and step mother in law (M & B, you'll remember them from my post about my in laws being pigs), decided to stay until Paige's t-ball game on Monday night. UGH. All I wanted on Saturday night and Sunday was my quiet house back and time to relax and do laundry. But noooooo, M and B decide to make themselves at home for the next 2 days. Even better, B's daughter and her boyfriend came up on Sunday so we had to get lunch ready for them. They redeemed themselves only by keeping Paige occupied and Mike keeping his dad busy in the garage. But the last thing I wanted was to entertain so I kept to myself. I really don't care if they thought I was rude.

I seriously cannot stand my FIL. When I was taking pictures of Paige by her birthday cake we were saying "say frosting!" or some gay thing to get her to smile for the camera and his dad yells out "say cowshit." I said we don't say that and he goes "well our kids' photographers said that." I don't give a rats ass what they said, don't say cowshit around my 5 year old who goes to a Catholic school, my mom Sister Mary Monica and my 82 year old grandma, thanks. He threw away his chew can in my bathroom trash can, hogged my chair all weekend, and when he wasn't in my chair he was stinking up my one and only bathroom. My poor toilet. On Sunday night he turned on some show where they were bleeping out every other word, and Paige asked him nicely to watch a different show. He totally ignored her. I was livid. And Mike (bless his heart, I love that man, I really do) has no balls around his family. He didn't say a word to his dad about that. He always says "oh grandpa's girl" but has yet to push her on the swings, play a game with her, draw, play play doh, etc. All he expects her to do is sit on his lap.

So on Monday, they were in my house all alone while Mike and I were at work and Paige at school and the sitter's. Not weird at all. They ended up going to GB, and were at least 20 minutes late to Paige's t-ball game...the one thing they stayed for. And Paige had a rough night. She went to the bathroom at least 4 times in the 45 minutes we were there and was so traumatized by it. We left the game early and took her right to Urgent Care figuring she had a bladder infection. Her urine sample was negative, but with her constant peeing, the NP gave her an antibiotic anyway. She's better already. But Monday night was rough because we were at Urgent Care for over an hour, didn't get home until after 8:30pm and Paige would not settle down and sleep because she kept having to pee and then was getting all upset about having to pee. She slept late yesterday morning, and wanted me to stay home with her. Major mom guilt. I had to go in to work because we had car seat appointments. It just killed me that I couldn't stay home with my kid because I had to go take care of irresponsible parents who basically do whatever they want. As I'm putting Paige in her car seat to leave, my cell phone rings and it's work. I ignore it. Work called again and I ignored that one. It was one of our secretaries and she didn't leave a message. I get in and realize some chick meeting with a CPS worker wants to come in that day for a car seat appointment...that's why I was getting called. Seriously, not an emergency. We were booked up yesterday, but I scheduled her for a couple of weeks. If she remembers, I'll be shocked. So car seat appointments all morning, a meeting at the hospital in the afternoon, and then back to work until 7pm last night. Back at it today at 7:30am. And it was just a long day...one of my coworkers is absolutely useless and lazy and my boss coddles her. Drives me up a wall.

Back to work.

No comments: