Friday, June 19, 2009

I Married a Good Man

Alternately titled: Another Reason Why I'm Glad I'm Not a Stay at Home Mom. This chick who is in my mom's group drives me insane. She decided to join FB and friend requested me three times before I finally caved on the third request. We'll call her HTH. So HTH posts this little gem as her FB status: "I feel sort of bad though, but not too bad ... hubby is sick now. It sounds like he has what I had over the weekend and earlier this week. The biggest difference though is this ... he gets to lay in bed and sleep while I put the kids to bed. When I was sick, I had asked him to put them to bed without me, and he refused. He gave me some bull about how he has to work, while I can just lay around the house all day, since I'm a SAHM. He's in bed right now." A couple of moms posted how they agreed with this and I'm thinking WTF?!?!?!? To me that just shows a huge lack of respect to the mom. Why would you marry and have children with someone who thinks that little of you? I would honestly kick Mike in the balls if he ever told me to put Paige to bed if I was sick. That man has his flaws, but one of the many good things I can say about him is that he treats me as his equal and if I'm sick, I rest. If he's sick, he rests. That's just how it is. We both created this child, we both contribute to running this household, we both raise this child.

In medical news, I had my annual exam back in February and my Pap came back unsatisfactory for evaluation. This means: "An inadequate specimen does not mean that something is wrong, it just means that the laboratory cannot be certain that there is nothing wrong. Sometimes the Pap smear submitted to the laboratory is inadequate for evaluation, because it contains too few cells for accurate evaluation or the sample was not representative of the area from which most cervical disease occurs or there was excessive blood or inflammation on the slide." OK fine. So I had to come back for a repeat and I did that about a week ago. That one came back unsatisfactory too. ARGH! So I have to go back in a couple of weeks for a colposcopy. Honestly every time I see Dr. Gibson he sees my crotch. I'd like for one time to just go in there and talk to him and not have my feet in the ol' stirrups. At first they wanted to schedule me for next week Wednesday, but I have a follow up pelvic ultrasound with Dr. O'Toole and just though the colposcopy and a pelvic ultrasound might just be a bit much for my va-jay-jay. So next week pelvic ultrasound, week after colposcopy. Jeez, my life is just a frolick in the meadows.

In even more medical news, Paige had a t-ball game a few weeks ago and thank god they had a porta potty there. She peed 5 times in the 45 minutes we were there. It was awful, because she was so traumatized by it. So we left the game early and headed to urgent care. Did I blog about this already? It seems familiar. Her urine sample was normal, but with how often she was going, the urgent care chick gave her an antibiotic. Luckily, it kicked in fast and she was better in a day or two. However, her t-ball game this past week was at the same diamond and she flipped out when we got there. She got all stressed about having to pee a bunch of times so we had to reassure her that she was fine. She did run all weird though like she was worried about peeing her pants.

I read somewhere at work that our health insurance claims are up 31% this year. I like to think that I singlehandedly caused that increase. We went on my insurance in September of last year and since then I've seen 4 different podiatrists, had an ingrown toenail removed, 2 HSG's, 1 pelvic ultrasound, several visits to a reproductive endocrinologist, and bloodwork for both Mike and I up the ying yang.

Mike is leaving on Sunday for the Boundary Waters for a week with my dad, brother in law and a friend of brother in law's. I would absolutely hate it, but he's excited. I'm kind of nervous about being a single mom for a week. Hopefully Paige and I won't end up in the looney bin.

No comments: