Monday, November 06, 2006

Another Weekend Report

Friday: had a playdate at a Burger King with my mom's group. Most of them have a child Paige's age or younger and then a baby and are SAHMs. Paige had a BALL giving all the baby's hugs and kisses. The play area got a little crazy because a lot of other kids came, but we still had lots of fun. Paige actually got off my lap and played in the play area! WHO HOO!! She's coming out of her shell! I also got her home in time for lunch and a nap. She got out of bed, opened her door and yelled down to the basement for me to come and rock her, but after that one time she stayed in bed and has gotten out since for naps or bedtime.

Saturday: worked at a car seat check in Green Bay and then to the mall to make a bunch of returns at Old Navy and Kohl's. The mall was swamped. I had to stalk people walking out of a store to their car and wait for them to pull out so I could get a spot. It was like the weekend before Christmas or something! I'm like, WTF?, it's the first weekend of November! But it was crappy out and now that Halloween is over, the Christmas rush is officially on. Bath and Body Works had BOGO free on their Body Butters, but it was asses and elbows in there and the line was super long so I left after about 30 seconds. Came home, then went out for pizza with some friends who have a 2 1/2 year old girl too. Paige was not very well behaved. Kinda whiny and clingy and wouldn't eat. She normally loves pizza, but only ate salt and pepper and a few of the mints. Yep, salt and pepper. She'd shake it onto my plate or hers and lick it off her fingers. Ugh.

Sunday: took Paige to church and was forced to sit in the very front row because church was crowded. It's never like that so I don't know what that was about. Came home and went all Elisa =) on my house. I vaccuumed my house and furniture really good, vaccuumed the corners of my kitchen, the swiffered and mopped them and washed down the outside of my kitchen cupboards, dishwasher, oven, etc. It took an hour and I was sweating. Not fun, but I was sick of my dog hair covered house. That damn hair is EVERYWHERE!!!!! Watched the Packer game and did some laundry and went to Green Bay after Paige's nap to visit some friends who have a 5 week old baby boy. He is so cute and I held him almost the whole time we were there. Well actually, Paige and I fought over holding him. She held him for almost a half hour and just loved it. She would put her head by his, pat him and give him little hugs. It was so darn cute. Came home, gave Paige a bath, put her to bed, ate some cereal for supper, showered, checked email and then finally watched Desperate Housewives that we taped. OMG! That was the most intense episode ever. The writing is so much better this year. They got the writers from Frasier and you can tell the show is just so much better.

Now I'm bored at work and looking forward to leaving in a half hour. Have to stop at the grocery store on my way home and try to figure out what to cook for supper. I hate cooking supper!!!

3 comments:

Susan said...

I watched DH too, it was good, first season I have watched it, I don't watch every week but if I'm not tired after Amazing Race I tend to watch it, agree good eppy !

Terri said...

Sounds like a really fun time at the playdate. Too bad you don't have Paige lovin on the baby on tape! That would be SO adorable. LMTO @ going "Elisa" on your house.

M said...

I agree that DH is way good this season. I loved Sunday night's episode. We actually got to watch the entire episode uninterrupted!

LOL at Paige just eating salt n pepper. Sounds like something Ella would do.

I took advantage of the BOGO body butter at B&B. I think it's the first time I've bought something for myself in that store in way over a year.