I'm having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year. I'm sure it has a lot to do with what's going on with my dad and that sucks. Paige is at such a fun age for Christmas, so I just have to start to get in the spirit of things. We've done a couple of fun things and have a few more lined up to make this a fun Christmas.
Yesterday since it was so nice out we went and cut down our own Christmas tree. It was a really cool tree farm that had free hot chocolate and popcorn, a lady that helped the little ones make a free ornament, and horse drawn wagon rides and a bunch of super cheap soy candles and Christmas decorations. The owners and everyone that worked there was so nice. I think we're going to go back again and go for a wagon ride and some hot chocolate. Should be fun.
We brought the tree in the house last night and put the lights up tonight. We'll put up the ornaments tomorrow. We're decorating in phases!
We're taking Paige to Breakfast with Santa at our church this Saturday. We're hoping that goes well. She seems a little friendlier now and not so afraid of new people. Hopefully Santa won't scare her!
We had pictures taken this morning at Sears. We had one of the first appointments which really helped. We had a 9:30am apt. and didn't get out of there until 11am! It took me FOREVER to pick out the sizes and pictures that I wanted. We got family pictures and a few of just Paige in her Christmas dress. They all turned out SO GOOD!!!! We ended up spending $250 on the pictures, but that includes 40 greeting cards too. I'll try to post them here. Paige did so good. She was so well behaved and the lady that took them was good too. She was actually posing Paige and Paige was going with it. She listened so well and actually smiled when she was supposed to! I couldn't believe it! They are so super cute. Then we went to the mall so I could get a gift card to Kohl's and to Bath and Body Works for the 5 for $10 antibacterial stuff. I stocked up on a bunch of soaps...they are good presents. Mike stayed with Paige in the play area while I shopped.
Off for more sewing!
4 comments:
Ugh good luck with Santa, we didn't have a good time on Saturday with him, she scared chitless of the whole idea, rofl.
We're going for breakfast with Santa this Saturday and we're also hoping that Sally won't freak out like she did last year. I'd like to get a nice picture.
I'm looking for my spirit too. Maybe when I start decorating this week.
Stef gave me my Spirit when she was talking about how "bootiful the Chrittmas lights" are. No Santa for us this year either. She clutched my hand tightly and said "I don't want it" when faced with the big elf.
Post a Comment