Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Ho Hum

Nothing too exciting to report. Let's see, I'll do a quick recap of the past few days.

Thursday: worked and then had a mom's night out with this mom's group I joined. It's through moms.meetup.com, and all of the get togethers are in Green Bay. It's mostly SAHM so most of the get togethers are playdates during the weekdays, but I've been to a few of the mom's nights out. It is a really fun group and it's making me even more anxious to sell our house and move! Anyway Thursday night was a night out at this pottery painting, jewerly making place and I made a bracelet for my mom from Paige. It had silver balls and charms that each said hope, faith, love, family and a cross. Kind of fitting for what we are going through right now.

Friday: my usual day home with Paige. She slept until 9:45 am!!! WTF?!?!?! Of course, she didn't nap that day, but not for lack of trying on my part. Oh well, at least I got to sleep in!

Saturday-Sunday: at my parent's house for my mom's birthday. She really seemed to like the jammies I made for her and the bracelet I made Thursday night. She of course had to wash the jammies right away just to "freshen them up", but I know it was to rid the dog cooties off of them. She's not a dog person. Paige was fairly well behaved there, didn't nap again on Saturday. We went out to eat that night and was pretty ancy. Luckily my dad has the patience of a saint and took her outside and walked around with her. Sunday we went to church where she was as my mom put it "active"; I put it as she was a hellion. The lady behind me even said "looks like she gives you a run for your money." I just nodded and agreed! Got home from church, fed her lunch and left for home. I was pretty anxious to get home. It's just kinda stressful being there when my sister is there. We're both so moody and push each other's buttons. Sunday I came home to a dog smelling dirty house and was not pleased. Mike had a friend over for the weekend and they went....FISHING!!!! The friend has a dog who must really stink because our house smelled like a kennel. So I had to jack Mike up for sitting on his ass for 2.5 hours after his friend left rather than rid our house of the dog stentch and hair all over. So Mike took a cranky Paige downstairs and attempted to keep her squawking to a minimum while I vacuumed and cleaned our floors like a crazy woman. I was sweating. Not fun.

Anyway, yesterday and today were just usual get ready, drop Paige off, work, pick up Paige days. Yesterday I was super lazy and didn't cook so we had Chunky soup! Today I got home early and actually cooked a decent meal, pork chops, rice and mixed veggies. Paige of course didn't eat, but seemed to be alright with leaving the kitchen and playing in her room while we finished up. Maybe we're making progress in that area.

Ok, this turned into a long blog. I know I know, I should just blog more often!!!!

5 comments:

M said...

Don't fret on the cooking. We honestly have not cooked a real dinner in over a week. It's been get home late, warm something up and go to bed kind of days.
My sister (and my mom for that matter) tends to get on my nerves after awhile also.

Susan said...

That's what sisters are for eh..... and ugh at him for making you clean up that mess, typical pft !

Linda said...

Hi Sara!!!

I hope your house sells soon. I look for playgroups too. But, I guess all the working moms are too busy to get together on weekends.

Terri said...

Two words for dog smell: Febreeze and Oust! I love them. Poor Duke does NOT have cooties!!! LOL

Have you seen this site? http://www.wholesometoddlerfood.com/ It has some ideas for picky eaters, but I honestly haven't looked thru it very deeply yet.

Koren said...

Sounds like my cooking. We get one good homemade dinner for every 2 "out of the box/can" dinners. I'm just too tired to cook right now. Luckily it's getting cooler and I will soon be able to break out the crock pot.

Glad you are having fun with your new mom group. I can't wait to start getting out with friends again. Once again, I'm just too tired to do anything when they call.