Thursday, April 20, 2006

If It's Not One Thing...

It's another. Mike's grandpa died Easter Sunday morning so we went up there Monday and got back yesterday. It's a 4.5 hour drive and it went surprisingly well, especially since Paige never napped. We stayed at his mom's house.

Tuesday morning, Paige woke up covered in puke. She continued to puke all day long at Mike's mom's house. Mike had to go to his grandpa's wake by himself which I felt horrible about. His mom wasn't too supportive either. She told Mike that her couch smelled like puke, and when he apologized and offered to clean it she said, no that's ok, I'll do it. Why mention it then? All I could do was hold Paige and catch her puke as best as I could, she wouldn't go to anyone else, even Mike and his mom never offered to help in any way. When I told her that Paige threw up water in the bathroom and that I laid a towel over it, she copped a huge attitude again. Mike had planned to spend the morning with his dad and then go to his grandpa's wake that night. But I needed him to stay with me after Paige puked for the millionth time that morning and it happened to land all over me and my clean clothes right after a shower. I kind of had a meltdown. When Mike told his mom, she said "well I never had two people to take care of you guys when you were throwing up.." Well excuse me supermom. GRRRRRR!!!!

Wednesday was the funeral and it was very emotional. His grandpa was a WWII vet and they did military honors afterwards, that part was very touching. Paige had a fever all day and I had to hold her all day. Again she wouldn't even go to Mike. We got home yesterday around 5pm, and we thought her fever might be breaking because her temp went down a degree and she was starting to perk up a little. Then the diarhea started and it hasn't stopped. Her butt is on fire and we're going through Desitin like it's going out of style. She has the classic rotavirus symptoms so I'll be home with her tomorrow too I'm sure. I don't mind though.

My dad's bond hearing starts in about 10 minutes. We heard yesterday that the DA is going to recommend a signature bond so that is good news. The decision ultimately is up to the judge, but the DA recommending a signature bond is a good start.

Then today my dryer starts making funky noises so I can't use it. It's old though so it wouldn't surprise me if we have to buy a new one this weekend. I just don't know what to do with the clothes sitting in it because my clothesline is full and it's socks and undies, not necessarily stuff I want to hang up.

I'm trying to say the rosary every day. I should probably go and say one before Paige wakes up.

2 comments:

M said...

I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better Sara. Please, please, let me know if there is anything I can do.
Hopefully things will turn around soon.

(((((((hugs))))))))

Terri said...

Mommy is all about the comfort. Daddy is all about the fun. That's how it is in our house anyway. Stef won't go anywhere near Steve when she needs comforting. I hope Paige is feeling better very soon. Call if you need a sympathetic ear or friednly shoulder.