Thank God for that! It actually went very well, but I think it was a little too much for Paige.
Luckily the IL's all got along really well and Mike's dad and stepmom left around 5:30 pm. It was really cold and rainy out so everyone was cooped up inside our teeny tiny house, and it was really overwhelming for Paige. When she woke up from her nap, almost everyone was here, so she walked out to a roomful of people and most of them were almost like strangers (Mike's mom, dad, stepmom, stepdad and a couple of friends of ours). My parents, sister, her boyfriend and grandma got here before her nap and she's really comfortable with all of them. But waking up from a nap and coming out to all of these people was just too much for her. But she gradually warmed up, especially when we started opening presents! Mike's mom gave her this bubble blower thing in the shape of a puppy and she LOVES it. She used up all of the bubbles that came with it and kept walking around saying "puppy bubbles? puppy bubbles?" when she didn't have it!
The party had some stressful moments, but overall went pretty well. Paige was pretty cranky and irritable most of the time, but as long as I or my mom kept her entertained, she was OK. She didn't play too much with her new kitchen as the puppy bubble thing was the big hit of the day!
She looked absolutely ADORABLE in her Dora dress and I tried to get some pictures, but she is not good for getting pictures taken. Hopefully between us, Mike's mom and my mom, she'll be OK.
Some friends of ours who live in Green Bay with a little girl 6 weeks younger than Paige were here and I don't think we had told them that the teacher in the news is my dad. When he walked in, the wife got a weird and suprised look on her face and I noticed her looking at him every once in a while.
It took a while to get everything cleaned up and put away, but it's all done. The floors are dirty so we'll have to take care of them tomorrow. But my two year old girl is sleeping and I think her mama will be soon!
3 comments:
Awwwww parties are overwelming for them yes. Still not sure exactly what we're going to do, hers will be a day later than it should, but that's ok. Cannot wait to see pics of her Dora dress if you upload some and hugs, ttyl today :)
I'm glad everybody behaved.
Glad the party went okay, I know you were stressed about it. Got the box of clothes today! Thanks again.
Post a Comment