Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Niece Hates Me

Update since last April: my sister had a baby girl at the end of September and they named her Ashley. They should have named her Crabby or Cries-a-Lot or Never Content. I spent a ton of time with them the first few months after she was born and I must have pissed her off or something because she, well, I think she hates me. K brought the kids over last night. Dylan was his usual 2 year old absolutely hilarious boy who found great pleasure in running up to the cat and yelling KITTY!!!! Max was not a fan and hid under my bed. Dylan responded by pulling on my hand leading me to my room and saying "Auntie Hara (his version of Sara) get kitty under bed."

Ashley meanwhile screamed. And screamed some more. Then when you thought those little lungs would quit, she screamed some more. Finally K got her to calm down. I would gently walk up to her and smile and coo at her and she would honestly frown, her face would pucker up and she'd start to wimper. WTF kid?!?!? I'm seriously bummed about this.

At least Dylan still loves me. On the way home, he told K "I want to go back to that house." So I guess 1 out of 2 ain't bad huh?

No comments: