Copying this from another blog so don't go thinking I'm all clever or something. Since I hadn't posted since April 2010, let me fill you in on our super exciting life:
May-the kid turns 6 with a birthday bash at a bounce house type of place. I learned that all kids don't have the endurance of my Energizer Bunny when after a half hour of bouncing they complained that they were tired and hungry. We go on our first camping trip and all survive, and more importantly have fun.
June-I turn 34. Brooks and Dunn cancelled their concert at Summerfest which was a huge bummer for Mike and I. It was their final concert tour so it was our last chance to see them. Since we had plans for the kid to be taken care of, we buy Brewer tickets instead. My boss and I go to a conference out of town and share a hotel room for a few nights. We texted each other and had a few beers on the balcony of our room. It was odd.
July-Camping, camping and more camping. No one has killed each other yet. Success!
August-More camping. The kid is getting ready to start 1st grade and nerves set in. Bedtimes become a struggle with much whining involved.
September-We trade in our Edge with a very heavy heart. It wasn't getting the mileage we wanted and the payments were a little too high. We buy a Mountaineer which pulls the camper better, has a lower payment and gets about the same mileage the Edge was. I don't like it and complain on a daily basis. My sister and her hubby have a baby girl who a cranky pants.
October-Mike and I celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary by doing a big fat nothing.
November-Mike leaves 2 long weekends in a row for deer hunting. Much bitching on my part ensues. We start to dislike each other for a while. K and I and our kids visit my grandma for Thanksgiving where the crank pot managed to spend more time screaming than not.
December-Best Christmas ever. Mike is no longer a delivery driver working 60 hour weeks in shitty weather and it shows. He's relaxed and happy and we really enjoy Christmas this year.
January-The kid is really reading. It's pretty cool. It's cold and snowy.
There you have it. Pretty fascinating stuff huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment