So I have been a bitch on wheels this week. My period is just kicking my ass.
Today I'm at work and Mike calls. He goes "well the good news is..." he switched with someone at work so he has the Friday off that we're going to the Kalahari. So there's bad news. Bad news is that his stepsister who lives in GB, her car broke down and his dad, Mechanic to the Rescue, decides to drive from Hayward and use our garage to fix it. Oh and spend the night. The rage is building inside of me as I type this. So he's either on his way or already at our house right now and I'm not there. I hate that. He is going to be home tonight when Paige and I get home. I hate that too. Mike works until 8pm so I have almost 4 hours alone with him and his wife. My house is dirty right now and the back bedroom is in it's usual state of disarray. I told Mike I refuse to cook for them, and I refuse to touch the back bedroom. Oh the rage, it's still building. Good man that he is, he took my ranting and raving and agreed with everything I said, and also that he would clean out the back bedroom and tell them not to put anything in there until he got home to clean it out.
So then Mike proceeds to tell me that someone is coming over tonight to look at the night vision goggles he has listed on CL. Oh great. I have someone coming over at 5pm to buy Paige's wagon. It's going to be a circus at my house. So I'll have the in laws, random stranger buying the wagon at 5pm, in laws until 8:15pm, Mike home, than another random stranger to buy night vision goggles around 8:30pm. WTF?!?!?!
So here are my questions. The stepsister will graduate from college next month. Isn't it time for her to be a grown up and take care of this herself? Can't they stay at her house? Mike's explanation for this is that his dad likes to see Paige. WHAT?!?! The man sits in my chair and keeps telling Paige to come up and sit on his lap. He doesn't play games with her, he doesn't color or do playdoh with her, he doesn't play baseball, push her on the swing set or do sidewalk chalk with her. Does he honestly think sitting in my chair with her on his lap for 30 seconds is quality time?
I'm so insanely jealous of my BFF, who's divorced and lives with her almost 7 year old daughter and 3 cats. Yes 3, don't judge her. She had 2, but became very close to her neighbor who died very suddenly last fall and took in her cat. She gets to go home to a quiet, in-law free house.
Sometimes being married just plain sucks sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment