I sit here watching 2 German woman in a plastic sled with wheels hurtle themselves down a tunnel of ice going around 90 mph. That's a sport? Really? As I type, they crashed and one of the German women was ejected and flopping around on the tunnel of ice like a ragdoll. Like who ever goes, hey friend, let's get a sled on wheels, stand at the top of a tunnel of ice, we both run, you get in the back seat and duck your head and let's hurtle ourselves down this tunnel of ice at 90 mph. Apparently it's a sport. Yeah, it really is. And let's do this over and over for years and maybe we can do this in front of millions of people at the Olympics.
Or does one decide, I don't need that loser. I'm going to go headfirst on a piece of equipment they call a skeleton on a tunnel of ice. And I'll wear a helmet because that will TOTALLY protect me.
Curling?!?! Really? Whose brainchild was this? Let's take brooms and sweep them around a puck looking thing and make it move, kind of like shuffleboard but on ice.
And who invented moguls? Hitler? It makes my body hurt just watching it.
The biathalon. Let's ski and then shoot stuff. Or is it the other way around? Pretty soon they are going to have the participants shoot stuff while skiing. Maybe the freestyle arial skiers could start shooting stuff. That would pep up that sport a tad.
Today I briefly watched a cross country ski marathon. I think it was 24 miles. That makes me tired just thinking about it.
I will say I haven't watched much skiiing but I'm really sick of Lindsey Vonn. Yes she is blonde and beautiful. But really when her teammate falls on the ski hill, I could give 2 shits about Lindsey's reaction. Stop showing her all the time because she is a beautiful blonde.
Someone they can keep showing is Apolo Ohno. I've developed a crush.
No comments:
Post a Comment