Thursday, February 18, 2010

Oh Come ON!!!

So yesterday I go into Women's Speciality Care for an ultrasound to check on my ovaries to see if they are still housing some cysts. I made the appointment last Friday with their infertility coordinator (who rocks my socks off, btw) for 10:30am yesterday, and she tells me I will see Dr. O'Toole (who I have affectionately named Dr. Wonderful) afterwards. She also tells me to bring a book or something because it could be a long wait for him. I've done this once before (u/s followed by an apt. with Dr. Wonderful), so I knew to come prepared. I'm reading a book that I'm totally digging (Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner) and so I brought that and my latest Redbook. I'm classy.

So on Tuesday I have a message from Dr. Wonderful's office reminding me of my 11:15am with him. I call back to make sure they have me scheduled for the u/s at 10:30am and they do. So I'm thinking, SWEET!!!!! 10:30am u/s, apt. with Dr. Wonderful at 11:15am and I'm outta here. Yeah, no. Dr. Wonderful did not grace me with his presence until 12:40pm. And it took all of 5 minutes.

I should have known better because I heard a patient ask if Dr. O'Toole was running on time, and the staff actually had the nerve to say yes. That was my first red flag. Then a very pregnant woman who was also in the waiting room got called just before I did (around noon-ish) and tells me she also had an 11:15am with Dr. Wonderful. AGH!!!!!

So here's the where the Oh Come ON part comes in. I'm getting the ultrasound and not only are my cysts gone, but apparently my follicles are just ripe for the picking. They look better than they ever did when I was on clomid. Seriously?!?!?! But then Dr. Wonderful tells me later on that I most likely have endometriosis because my periods are insanely heavy (picture floodgates opening up) and 3 aleve just barely take the edge of my cramps. So if I want to do something about the endo, he told me to come back and we can discuss my options. Most likely I'd start with BC pills.

Ok, so we've accepted that we are going to have one, and are even starting to embrace it. Now my body is saying, hey I could get pregnant, but maybe not, and you should go on BC to manage the endo.

So I'm all steamed in the exam room waiting for Dr. Wonderful and he comes in and charms me. You can't help but like him. It's so annoying. But I've been seeing Dr. Gibson for my paps and that lovely stuff, so I think I'm just going to stick with him. I don't have to worry waiting for him for almost and hour and a half. Plus a good friend of mine used to be his nurse, so I like to think he's a little extra nice to me. And he's the doctor that prescribes my lexapro, don't want to mess with that.

No comments: