Friday, February 06, 2009

45

So I get a call from the nurse on Wednesday that my progesterone level was 45 this cycle. Um, what? I thought Dr. Gibson wanted it between 15-20, why is it 45? So I asked her if she was using a different scale or measurement because my last one was 17. She just said "no that's right." So I said "but my last one was 17" and she goes "I know." Something clicked and I asked if this meant I'm pregnant. She of course said no because the progesterone test is not a pregnancy test. So I call my friend Erica who is a women's health nurse practitioner and she says that it's a very good sign and also that progesterone is the hormone that prepares your lining for the embryo to implant. I'm going crazy here! And this chart does not help:

Progesterone during menstrual cycle
Day 1-14 >1 to 1.5 ng/ml
Day 15-28 2-28 ng/ml

Progesterone during pregnancy
First Trimester 9-47 ng/ml
Second Trimester 17-147 ng/ml
Third Trimester 55-200 ng/ml

Mine was taken on day 21 of my cycle. Another friend reminded me of the possiblitity of multiples, especially since I am on my third round of Clomid. High progesterone could indicate multiples.I know it sounds crazy but that thought has crossed my mind too. But I'd rather have 2 babies than no baby.

I'm going to hold out until Monday before I pee on a stick. I'm on pins and needles!

In other news, my coworkers suck. Well they always suck, but right now it's even more than usual. I'm planning a smoke free air town hall meeting along with another county that's taking place next week Friday. We're having speakers on secondhand smoke, legislators will be there, we're inviting the media and smoke free air supporters. It's a big deal. I sent an email out to my co workers basically begging and pleading them to come. My boss already said she can't. Great, thanks for your support. Another coworker had a student nurse with her yesterday and was introducing her to everyone. She comes in my room and goes "oh what about that tobacco thing you have coming up? when is that? I deleted the email you sent me." BITCH. I seriously cannot believe how heartless people can be. Another coworker is asking for my help on some press release stuff and I said it will have to wait until after this event. She kept bugging me until my boss finally told her to back off. Thank god I have my friend Lisa here. She's the only other non-nurse in our program and she plans large events like this, so she totally gets it. She's even calling the people I sent invitations to to get an RSVP from them. She told the one nurse who was bugging me about the press release what a big deal this is and the retard co worker finally got it, and even said she'd apologize to me. Has she yet? Of course not. Grrrr.....

2 comments:

M said...

Sooooo, yesterday was Monday.......

Krista said...

I thought it was going to be tuesday...and it is wednesday!

I hope all is well ;-)