I'm at a loss of what to do with Paige. She has been driving me absolutely insane the last few weeks. She is such a whinebag and cries all the time. I cannot handle it. I'm not sure what time she woke up this morning, somewhere between 5-5:30am, watched cartoons or did whatever until about 8am (nice, huh), got me up and is now in her room for talking back and being whiney. It's 8:30am. The other day after I picked her from Sandi's, she only lasted 10 minutes before being sent to her room. I. Cannot. Take. It. Anymore. I honestly don't even want to be around her right now. Oh and surprise surprise, she has yet another cold. It's just one constant cold all the time since she doesn't eat worth a damn and doesn't get enough sleep. Last night she was in bed at 7pm. We probably could have put her down at 6pm. She looks like a bag of crap this morning, tired eyes and big bags and dark circles under her eyes.
She takes vitamins, but I guess that's not enough to make up for the worst diet ever. I was venting to my mom last night and she said maybe we should just make whatever Paige wants for supper and just give up the battle. It's been a huge power struggle for over 3 years and I can't fight it anymore. We've done it all...sticker charts, taking away her blankie, bedtime books, snack, etc., packing up her food and not letting her eat anything until she eats that food, threats, bribes, everything. I give up. It's not working. She is a terrible eater at school and at Sandi's too, so it's not just us.
Please don't take this wrong, I love this child so much it kills me. But honestly, she is wearing on my last nerve right now. No advice needed, I just needed to vent.
3 comments:
Sara, You know I feel your pain! These little 5/12, Taurus babies are killing us both. I too gave up the food fight. I make her try what we are having...then she can have whatever she wants(usually a peanut butter and jelly, cheese and grapes, chicken nuggets, whatever).
I know you said you didn't want any advice...but maybe the reason she is whiny is because her blood sugar is messed up from not eating. I pretty much am loaded up on Oat Bran Pretzels, Whole Grain gold fish, any way I can get something good into Maura, I will do it.
Anyway, you know you are not alone, so bitch away!
I can't help on the eating front because all of mine are good eaters.
As for the whiney and gripyness, I'm right there with you. Ella isn't too bad but Lex and Sally kill me at times.
Sally will whine and gripe constantly until I just freak out or give in from exhaustion. Lex cries and freaks over everthing.
I usually just tune it out usually which is probably wrong, but whatever.
Keep bitching, it makes me feel not so alone :)
Hey Sara, I know you said you didn't want advice, but does Paige like shakes? My cousin's daughter is the same way and she gives her the vanilla pediasure shakes to get something good into her and then pretty much Cali eats PBJ or cheese curls. Those are about her only foods she eats.
Sorry you have to go through this, I can't really relate since my kids are good eaters. (Owen had a bowl of peas and carrots for dinner last night.) Maybe if you just let it go and not put so much emphasis on it she will stop being so stubborn. Who knows with kids!
Post a Comment