I stayed home with Paige today since I have to work on Saturday, I was happy to find out she didn't have school today because it's an early release day. 4K doesn't go to school on early release day since they'd be there for about an hour.
We had a really nice day, and I was actually quite productive. We snuggled in bed until about 8am, then had breakfast where I had to break the news that our neighbors including her beloved Ava are moving. She did not take the news well and cried for a while. I got teary eyed too, but had to keep it together. She recovered, and wanted to play on the computer (www.starfall.com..LOVE IT!) So I threw in some laundry and vacuumed my upstairs floors since they were beyond gross. Aren't I just the happy housewife? Then we went outside so I could hang up my laundry. And I swear, the planets were aligned just right because we had the best time out there. I was able to hang out my laundry, play fetch with the dog (she actually chased after it, brought it back to me AND dropped it...in that order!!! Big deal for her.) and Paige played by herself beautifully. She didn't whine when I sat down, hung up clothes, went inside for a minute, or played with the dog. She had a ball mixing sand, water, flower petals and leaves in this bucket, dumping in the sandbox and starting all over again. I couldn't believe it, I think I heard angels singing at one point. She played with her scooter and her and Duchess chased each other around for a while. It really was cute. Came in, ate lunch, and she went down for quiet time while I attacked the back bedroom. It was a mess in there, it's our catch all room and you seriously could only take about 2 steps in there because it was FULL. After quiet time it was raining so I made some fingerpaint from scratch...I swear I was channeling Martha Stewert today or something. Then Ava came over for about an hour, they started snipping at each other so I sent them over to Ava's house. Paige came back after about a half hour, we had tacos for supper and Mike took over the bath/bedtime routine. I decided to get my fat ass off the couch and exercise so I did a work out DVD....haven't done one in months. It felt pretty good but I got bored at the end like I always do. It was a good workout, I just have such a short attention span.
So tomorrow is my usual day off, and Paige goes back to school. I'll have Friday afternoon all to myself for the first time (last week didn't count since I was rummage saleing and running errands all afternoon getting ready for our trip to Milwaukee) I'm definitely planning to vacuum my basement since it's even worse than my upstairs and give myself a pedicure. AAAHHH, a quiet afternoon all to myself. I can't wait!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment