The complaints and bitchings from a 30-something work outside the home mom living in small town Wisconsin with my hubby, 5 year old daughter, slightly retarded dog and obnoxious cat.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
3 Hours of Freedom
Ahhh, the sweet sound of silence, of freedom, of a child-free house. I just dropped Paige off at the bus stop (it was 10 minutes early...GRRRRR....) and I have the next three hours to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I could almost cry with relief. It has been a long morning, starting with her wake up time of 6am. Luckily Mike can get her a couple of waffles, snuggled up in a blanket in front of the TV and she's good for at least an hour. She was ok for me today but it all started to go downhill around 10:30 am when I got her out of the tub. She wanted fish sticks for lunch which I made along with some green beans. She had about 25 minutes to eat so we could get to the bus stop in time. I went to hang up some clean laundry in my room and I think all she ate was the ketchup. After about 10 minutes she declared she didn't want lunch. I was so mad I almost spit fire. I'm so sick of spending time cooking food only to have her not eat it. Plus the amount of food we waste on her makes me sick. So I told her I'm wrapping it up and it will be her supper and also that she would be hungry at school. She didn't really seem to care so just to make myself feel better I sent her to her room until it was time to leave. I think she was worried about missing the bus and that's why she didn't eat. Well she'll be hungry at school and I honestly don't care. I almost danced into the house with giddiness when I got home. The only thing I really have to do is make zucchini bread for the MNO tonight. But that won't take long. Of course I can always clean out drawers, the freezer, fridge, etc. but screw it. My other days off where she's been in school I've either worked from home or ran errands. Off to go enjoy my FREEDOM!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Isn't it the best. I LOVE my Tuesday and Thursday mornings when Maura is in school!!!
Post a Comment