Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend Recap

Friday: had a super lazy morning, got my haircut (LOVE IT!), then got together with some friends at Brain Freeze and afterwards went to an elementary school playground nearby. Then we went to Shopko to get her a box of wipes and kleenex for school, and a flat iron and hairspray for me. Total nightmare-that kid is the worst shopper. I found her a couple of basic jeans on sale for $12 each. I guess that's a good deal, but I'm still shocked at how much more expensive big girl clothes are. Gone are the days of finding nice stuff at rummage sales for $1. She fell asleep on the way home, was a total bear when we got home and gave me a really hard time about going down for quiet time at home. I'm proud to say I won that battle because Mama needed some quiet time of her own! Cooked supper, Mike got home, then we took the kid to our county fair. I'd like to say it was "Let Out Your Weird Day" but I have a feeling that's the audience that is attracted to the Oconto County Fair. As long as we just looked at the animals and not the people (who were surprisingly animal-like) we were fine. Paige went on a few rides, I got an extremely overpriced funnel cake ($5! for fried bread!!!) Got home way too late and threw the kid in bed.

Saturday: again, had a super lazy morning (do we see a theme here), then met some friends at Art Street in Green Bay. Paige whined while we looked at stuff we wanted to and had a blast doing crafts. She was fascinated by the Oneida Pow Wow dancers-I found it pretty cool too. Went to our friends house for supper while Paige and their daughter ran around like two peas in a pod and the adults enjoyed the time away from our respective offspring.

Sunday: Mike went fishing in the morning, I took the kid to church, then we went to my sister and brother in law's new house all afternoon. It's a very nice house and they seem to like it alot. They are about 45 minutes away which is AWESOME!!!! They house is way out in the country, but they have a 4 wheeler so they have a bunch of land to ride around on it. We all took turns on the 4 wheeler-FUN!!! The total rednecks that we are, we even let Paige go on it a few times, I think they went a total of about 5 MPH when she was on it. Ate at Fazoli's in GB, then came home. Picked a shitload of beans from our garden, took the laundry off the line and got sucked into a few episodes of Snapped. Man, that show is addictive.

Today: at work and I really don't feel like being here. I was only in the office last week Monday so I have a bunch of stuff to catch up on. Suppose I should start with checking the 9 voicemails I have. UGH.

No comments: