Thursday, August 28, 2008

School

So tonight was Paige's 4K orientation at St. Anthony's. She was beside herself with excitement and I had a knot in my stomach.

After putting on our nametags and checking out the other parents, we gathered in the 5K room where we prayed for our kids, then the 5K kids stayed in their room, 4K went into their room, and us parents went into a different classroom for our meeting. It was all very overwhelming-early release days, bussing, dress code, fundraising, home and school association, etc. I pretty much had tears in my eyes the whole time and was on the verge of a major breakdown. I even volunteered to sell candy bars at work for fundraising-aren't I just a top notch parent? =)

Then we went back into the 4K room where Paige was in 7th heaven. The teacher said she asked for us once, but was totally fine when she was told that we would be back when we were done with our meeting. She'll have 9 kids in her class. I asked about bathroom breaks-weird I know, but when that kid has to go, she has to go!

So we mingled a little bit, Paige drank several glasses of juice and got totally wired, I paid the snack fee and filled out her school vaccination record. The secretary was quite impressed that I kept her vaccination record in my wallet-I thought all parents did. If I didn't keep it in there, I'd definitely lose it. Paige was in love with her teacher and gave her a hug before we left.

Paige, you have grown up so fast! I've made many mistakes over the past 4 years and I'd give anything to go back and have more patience and yell ALOT less. I hope we have prepared you in the right way so that you are ready for school and love it. I don't know how I'm going to keep it together on Tuesday when you get on the bus. I know I can't cry in front of you because you will be so excited. I know it will be scary-but what an adventure you are starting! Please smile for me because I'll take lots of pictures-this is such a big day! Daddy and I love you so very much!

No comments: