Thursday, July 12, 2007

A Plan

So I met with the new ob/gyn in town yesterday and really liked her. We talked about my inability to get knocked up and she doesn't really consider me infertile yet because we've been trying for 9 months. If it's been a year, then we start talking infertility. But I decided I want to be a bit more aggressive and am having blood drawn tomorrow for testing. If my tests come back normal, Mike has to have his swimmers tested. That would be interesting. If those are normal, then I have that test where they shoot dye into your tubes. I've heard that's painful, so I'm hoping all is normal.

Well actually in a weird way I'm hoping they find something wrong with my bloodwork-well something that can be fixed with medication. What if everything is normal, but we just can't get pregnant for some reason? This month I didn't do any opks or anything, we just tried and tried and tried and tried this past weekend. It was very enjoyable!

I stayed home with Paige last week and just loved it. Her sitter was closed for the week. It is so hard being here. I actually told Mike last night that I want to be a SAHM. I would love to be home with her-I can't even believe I'm thinking that. But do I really want to throw away my career? I do like my job and am proud of the fact that I'm good at it. Money would be extremely tight, we're not even sure that it's possible. All I know is that I loved last week and that it's been a horrible adjustment being back at work this week. We tossed around having me go down to 3 days a week. I'm waiting for my boss to be in the right mood for me to approach her. We shall see.

OK off to eat lunch and then car seat apts. this afternoon.

3 comments:

Terri said...

I'm glad you liked your new doctor. I thought you were going to just SAY you'd been trying for a year to get some action going. Oh well, either way, I'm glad you're starting with the basic testing. If they find something right away, that might give you some peace of mind.

If, after all the testing, everything is normal, they'll call it Unexplained Infertility which is extremely frustrating.

I kwym about staying home. I'm on vacation next week and will have an awful time coming back the following week. There was something on the Today show about it this morning but I didn't get to see it. Maybe it's online too...

Krista said...

The test dye test for your tubes, really isn't that bad. If you have to do it take 3 motrin about an hour before and you'll be fine.

Susan said...

What are ya doing a once a month update on your blog ! slacker !