My god, I've spent the last hour on the phone with my insurance company, therapists, dr. office, and a hospital. All I want is to see a therapist and nutritionist to help me lose weight but my god these people all make it so difficult. First call was to insurance to check on benefits, coverage and providers for this stuff. Dieticians are covered as long as they are through a hospital or clinic that is takes our insurance. Easy enough, I'll just go through one of the hospitals in Green Bay. The guy I talked to wasn't 100% sure, but thought I'd just have to pay $30 office visit co pay. Therapy is covered as long as it is one of their therapists, again at $30 co/pay. There is one clinic in town that they cover with several therapists, so I call to make an apt. and the secretary isn't in on Wednesdays or Fridays. WTF?!?!? So I go on the internet to find a dietician at a hospital in Green Bay. One of the hospitals is Bellin and I know they take my insurance, but I call the insurance company back just to double check and this time I talk to someone who tells me that if they provide the dietetic services as an outpaitent service at the hospital, I have to pay for everything up to my deductible ($1500) then 20% for everything after that. WTF?!?!?! If it's at a clinic, then I only pay the OV $30 co/pay. UUGGGHHHH. But she says even if they (the hospital) charges $100, insurance might only allow $50 and I'd only have to pay $50. But she couldn't tell me what they allow because they are in Minnesota and I'm in Wisconsin. Again WTF!?!?!?!? So I call Patient Scheduling at Bellin and hold it together and don't break down crying while asking to see a dietician for weight loss. I mean do you have any idea how embarrassing this has all been? And the chick tells me I need a dr. referral to see a dietician for weight loss. Well Jesus F'ing Christ, now I really lose it. Just what I need. To pay $30 to see my dr. so she can tell me yes indeed you really are fat and I will refer you to a dietician, who we still don't know how much will cost you. So I hang up and break down crying. After I compose myself 10 minutes later, I call the ob/gyn's office that I just saw last week and ask them to make a referral to Bellin for weight loss. Again humiliating. But the chick I talked to was very sweet and helpful and said the dr. will do that for me. So now I wait to hear back from the therapist and Bellin to see if they will see me. I just tried calling my mom to vent, but no one is home. I put the do not disturb sign on my door and forwarded my calls to voicemail. I'm tempted to go home sick this afternoon. We'll see.
OK, the therapist office just left me a message on my cell phone. They do accept my insurance, so one step in the right direction.
In case you are wondering why I'm going through this trouble, I must tell you that my eating issues are emotional. Jenny Craig, WW, etc. just won't cut it for me. I eat for emotional reasons that I just don't want to get into. I have realized that I have a very addictive personality.
But I can't go on like this. I'm embarrassed to be out in public sometimes because of how heavy I am. I can't even hardly look at the pix from my sister's wedding because of how big I am. The photographer posed me behind Kristin for the picture of just me and her and put me in the back in the group pictures and I know why. I look like a whale standing next to her. The family picture of us is especially disgusting, my mom dad and sister are twigs and here I am the giant yellow whale.
My bloodwork came back from the ob/gyn office and everything is normal so I guess that's good. Even my lipid panel and glucose are normal and healthy which is good considering my weight and how fast I've gained. The next step we discussed was having mike's swimmers tested. I guess we'll talk about that tonight. She is also going to look at my operative report from March 2005 when my ovarian cyst was removed. Hopefully nothing serious happened from that.
AF is due anyday now so I'm just waiting to find out if I'm pregnant or not. I'm so emotional so I probably have PMS and the old bitch is on her way.
6 comments:
Wow what an afternoon. I hate the run a round. Nothing is ever easy, is it? Hope you get everything worked out. I'm glad all your tests came back good. If you have to have the HPG test done, don't let it worry you. It really isn't all that bad. You just get a little crampy when they insert the dye to check your tubes.
Awww, what a tough day. I understand the weight issue and the addictive traits. I deal with it all the time. Just be persistent, only good things can happen. And, I think you looked beautiful in the pics.
Big hugs Sara!!! I'm sorry you had such an awful day. I totally understand the weight issue and emotional eating. You can talk to me any time, I can totally relate and definately won't judge.
Sara dont beat your self up, making a decision to get help is a huge step. I too am an emotional addicitve eater. Just realize that we have to face our addiction several times a day. It's not like you can give up food cold turkey. Remember your Ya-ya's are here for you. I'm proud of you!
I hate days like that. I hope you're feeling a little better now. I, too, totally understand what you're going thru. If any of us (LINDA) knew how to avoid the emotional eating stuff, we could all be our own YaYa support group. Big HUGS hon. And my hysterosalpingogram hurt like Hell but you can't go by me. I'm abby-normal in more ways than one. ;)
The HSG test isn't that bad so don't worry about that. Question - did they test your insulin levels in the glucose panel?
Just as an FYI - I have normal blood sugar counts but my actual insulin levels are off.
Post a Comment