really are the best. Thank you all for your words of encouragement and understanding on my last blog. They made me cry and appreciate how awesome you all are!!! YA YAS RULE!!!
So I had my dietician appointment yesterday. It went fairly well. The information she gave me wasn't really earth shattering, but it was good to hear. I am going to focus on portion sizes (measuring out food before I eat it), eating more fruits and veggies (at least 5/day) and getting 2.5 hours of exercise a week. I need to eventually get down to 1400-1600 calories a day, and she thinks I've been eating about 2200 calories/day based on my food journal. Holy crap. And I was trying to be good about what I ate because I knew I'd have to journal it and show it to her. How many calories was I eating before the food journal. I don't really want to think about it I guess. But for right now I'm just going to focus on fruits and veggies because eating those means I'll be eating less of the other not so healthy foods, which means less calories. I'm not counting calories right now. I'm going to read food labels so I'm aware of what I'm putting in my mouth, but I'm not going to obsess about it.
So being the anal detailed list kind of person I am, I whipped up a calendar for myself to help keep me on track. On the top of each day, I'm going to write in what I'm going to cook for supper. It's not necessarily going to be a super healthy one, but just a meal so I'm not scrambling around the kitchen at 5:30pm trying to defrost meat and figure out what I can cook based on the ingredients I have. Oh and keep Paige entertained. Then I have a space to write in the amount of exercise I get per day and a numbered column (1-5) for fruits and veggies. Every time I eat a serving of fruits or veggies, I check it off. I have it posted on my fridge so I see it every time I go in the kitchen. I also asked Mike to pick up more fruit at the grocery store last night and I cooked green beans from our garden with supper.
I'm meeting with the dietician in 7 weeks so I'm hoping to lose 11 pounds by then. I think I'll be able to do it. No, I WILL DO IT!!!
Therapist is this afternoon. I'll probably bawl the whole time. Should be interesting.
Off to go drink my smoothie...2 servings of fruit in there...YAHOO!!!!
5 comments:
I wish you luck chickie, I have NO willpower and keep growing and growing, I'll be very sorry myself sometime soon, already I am sometimes when I look in mirror or see pics like you spoke of, sigh.......... Can't wait to hear the progress !
Go Sara Go!!!!!!!!
Keep us posted.
You can do it girl. Journaling is a great tool. I journal every day.
Woo hoo sounds like your off to a good start with a realistic goal.
You WILL do it! When you're ready to start counting calories (if ever), sparkpeople.com is an awesome site for looking up and keeping track. It even has specific name brand stuff (like Quaker Instant Oatmeal - Banana Bread Weight Control)
Post a Comment