Tuesday, July 31, 2007

2 pounds down, 48 to go

YAHOO, I lost 2 pounds last week! I exercised a total of 2 hours, dietician recommended 2.5 total per week, so I think 2 in my first week is pretty darn awesome. I ate 5 fruits and veggies 2 days last week, and 4 the other days.

This week so far, I walked for a half hour Sunday night while Mike gave Paige a bath, and then did a 35 minute aerobics video last night. Paige was sitting on Mike's lap playing computer games, but then as soon as she saw me getting ready to work out, she decided to do the video with me. It was so darn cute! She kept up with me the whole 35 minutes, even did the stretch at the end! We did a lot of grapevines at the beginning and when we weren't doing them she would say "I wanna do a grapevine mama." When it was done, she wanted to do it again, but I said we were done for the night! I think I'm taking tonight off. We have to get her flower girl dress repaired tonight for my cousin's wedding in a few weeks. She's the flower girl in that one too. We're going to the same lady we used for the alterations, I'm hoping she's a miracle worker because this dress is destroyed. In my saving money mission, I'm too cheap to buy a new one. I thought I could repair it myself, but no dice.

I may lose 10 pounds tomorrow at work. We are doing car seat appointments all day in 95 degree heat. YIPEE.

We had a very productive weekend. Again in my saving money mission, I decided we don't need to pay $30/month for a storage unit which holds our crap. So I asked my parents to come up and watch Paige Saturday AM and they did while Mike and I took the truck to our storage unit. I love that man dearly, but some days....well some days I don't like him so much. Saturday was one of those days. Earlier in the week, he gets the bright idea that we should re-list our house and therefore should keep the storage unit. Um, no. Not right now. So then we get out there and I start to make a goodwill pile, a keep pile and a going to the dump pile. I was brutal, if we didn't need it, it was going to goodwill. We kept the baby stuff and Christmas stuff. As I'm putting stuff in the goodwill pile, Mike suggests that we have a yard sale. WTF MAN?!?!?! No, I said, we have babysitters for Paige and I don't want to rent tables, price stuff, organize it, advertise a rummage sale and then sit outside while people paw through our stuff. When we are done having babies, I will have a done having babies rummage sale, but I'm not having one to sell our useless crap. Then he got slightly huffy, whatever. Then he sees his prized car stereo system that is easily 15 years old and says he's going to put that in the truck. It's one of those that takes up the whole back seat so no one can sit there. Apparently, the car seat in the truck suddenly became invisible and he forgot the fact that we do occasionally take Paige (and Duke) in the truck. UGH!!!!! Then he says he's going to sell it. So I told him he has a month to get rid of it and if it's not gone, I'm taking it to Goodwill. I'm still not sure where it ended up. It's probably hidden in our garage somewhere. So we took a truckload to the dump, a truckload to Goodwill and a truckload back to our house. We cleaned out and swept the garage, and then loaded this stuff into the corner of it. This is where having a 3 car garage really pays off. We can fit the truck, my Taurus, our boat and tons of bins in there. I'm rather disgusted that we spent $30/month for the past 2 years to store stuff we actually threw away.

Saturday night we went to a baseball game with Paige and my mom's group. There's a team in Green Bay of college boys home for the summer. Can we say yummy eye candy? We may go this Friday night with a mom and her husband from my mom's group that I've gotten to be friends with. He's a doctor, so she stays home and money is no object. But she's really nice and so is he. I'm not 100% sure I should go because our American Cancer Society Relay for Life is Friday night and I "should" work at it to get people signed up for anti-tobacco stuff. We'll see. The game would be more fun so I'm going to ask our seamstress tonight if her daughter can babysit on Friday night.

This Saturday we are getting Paige's 3 year old pictures taken at Sears. I hope they turn out. We're getting them taken a few months late...ooops.

Work is slow and boring and my boss is gone this week. This day is dragging on. I got here at 9am and haven't really done anything. At least I get to leave at 2:30pm for my therapist appointment.

OK, off to look busy.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the 2 lbs!!! Congrats on the dejunking. I have a dh who likes to hoard stuff too.

Angela said...

Rah Rah Sara! Keep up the good work.

M said...

Yay Sara!! Keep it up.

I told myself I was going to run at the end of volleyball practice with the girls every day. Yesterday didn't happen. Hopefully today will be my start.

Susan said...

Good job and good luck on rest. Chalk me up to another pack rat dh........must be thier specis.
*Insert eye roll*

Krista said...

Where the heck are you, woman? Your YAYA's miss you! You know where we are at....

Linda said...

Love the new puppy on FFF!!! Where are you girlie!!!!

Susan said...

Sheesh back to the montly update again ?!???!?!???!?