Monday, August 21, 2006

Allow Me For a Moment...

to bitch, piss and moan about the following: (and in no particular order of importance, just as they come to me)
1. Rascall Flatts "What Hurts the Most" playing on POP radio. Huge pet peeve of mine. If you're a country artist, release country songs. Don't get greedy and cover it up by saying your music appeals to all.
2. Paige waking up at 6:15 am yesterday and ME HAVING TO WAKE HER UP AT 8:45 AM THIS MORNING. What's up with that? We put her to bed and down for naps at the same time every day.
3. Paige's lack of interest in the potty. I think she'll be going to kindergarden in diapers.
4. The fact that our house has been on the market for 1.5 years and I am starting to seriously wonder if it will ever sell.
5. The fact that I get a small twinge of longing when I see a baby, but I know we're not ready yet. I want a baby, but I'm not ready for a second child.
6. Paige asking Mike for something after I've already said no.
7. Paige totally ignorning me and not listening.
8. Paige shushing me, telling me to stop talking, or telling me to leave her alone when she doesn't like something I say.
9. How I've been depressed the past few weeks and wonder if I need to up my happy pill dosage. I'm just exhausted at the end of the day and have no energy.
10. How Paige is so well behaved for everyone except me and turns into a monster when I'm around.
11. The fact that I can't get my checkbook to stay balanced.
12. Everyone and everything at work is irritating me. I work in the cradle of idiocy.

OK, I think that's about it. Wow, that feels good.

Quick weekend update:
Friday: my sister came up to spend the day with Paige and watch her while Mike and I went to a concert with another couple. The concert was just Ok, I had more fun talking to the wife who is due with baby #1 in October. My sister seriously irritated me with her digs about how much TV we let Paige watch.

Saturday: Paige was a total monster in the morning, so I decided to hit some rummage sales. Was a little afraid of leaving her with Mike in the mood she was in, but he said she was really good. She just needed to be left alone, which is something that doesn't happen when anyone from my family visits, especially my sister. Highlight of my weekend was when I found a sandbox for Paige at a rummage sale. Marked at $15, asked the lady if she'd take $10 for it and she did. SCORE!!!! Actually the highlight was fitting it into the trunk of my Taurus. It just barely fit. Stopped to get sand at the hardware store and waited anxiously for her to wake up from her nap so she could see it and play with it. She LOVES it! I'm so excited! Got a shirt, a few dresses, books and a Big Bird movie at the sales.

Sunday: Slept in thanks to my wonderful hubby. Laid around like a bum around the house, put Paige down for a nap, had a little afternoon fun with the hubby =), and took Paige to the fair to see the animals. She really liked them, except for the chickens, roosters and turkeys who scared her with their loud clucking and gobbling.

Going to Madison tomorrow for a conference and am staying 2 nights. I'm kinda looking forward to getting away for a few days, but I know I'll miss Paige like crazy. My grandma lives about an hour away from Madison so I'm meeting her for supper tomorrow night. She'll be 80 soon, but you'd never know it. She's so sharp.

Aaaaahhhhh....I feel so much better now. Off to catch CSI Miami and see my boyfriend, David Caruso!

3 comments:

Linda said...

I'm glad you updated Sara - I was worried not seeing you around much. Don't you know all kids play their Moms to get a reaction. Want to know the secret on how to stop it? Don't let her get to you. Divert attention. Talk in whispers. I know I have moments where I'm overwhelmed and let Rebecca get the best of me. But when I on my game and use those techniques, she plays the game with me.

Terri said...

I agree with Linda. It's good to see you posting again.

Suggestion....surprise Paige by doing something completely unexpected & different next time she's yanking your chain. Just when I was getting to the end of my whiney-Stef-rope, I started gently thumping her chest to make the whine 'vibrate' iykwim. She thought that was hilarious and forgot what she was whining about.

Please come to chat soon! We miss you!

Elisa said...

Yeah, i was wondering where you went.

I like Linda's suggestions. I'm going to try them myself!