The crankies seem to have taken over our house for the following reasons:
One of Mike's ears has been sore for a few days, I insisted it was infected, we ran to Green Bay to a FastCare Clinic, and it turns out it wasn't infected, but he did have a Duke hair in there. Yuck. So no infection, no meds. Plus he has a mouth full of canker sores, and is crabby from those.
Paige was generally miserable all weekend and we finally figured out why today.....the 2 year molars seem to be making an appearance. YAHOO.
I worked at a car seat check on Saturday and it sucked the big one. The instructors are so nit picky and anal, and rather than telling us this new rule about the angle of infant seats over email BEFORE the event, they wait until we've installed the seat tight, and belittle us in front of the parents and make us re-install the seat, and then hem and haw over the recline. BTW, in the past to make sure the seat is at a 45 degree angle, we make sure the base of the car seat is parallel to the vehicle frame. Now the manufacturers of the car seats are saying to rely on their angle indicator alone. Well if we rely on that, the seats are too upright and baby's heads are going to be flopping forward. I finally told one instructor I don't care about the manufacturer's rules, I care about the baby's safety and I'm not sending these parents home in a seat that upright. GRRRRRRR.....
I got fucked on ebay. My Gap Jeans only sold for $15, 2 pairs of shorts for $10 and the real kicker a pair of Old Navy pants in size TALL ONLY SOLD FOR .99!!!!!! I'm so pissed. I looked at the listing and it looked good to me. I gave the measurements, had two pictures and clearly labled them as tall, and I have 79 feed back comments and they're 100% positive!!!! AGH!!!!
My parents and sister are coming tomorrow so Mike and I have been cleaning tonight. It's a Holy Day of Obligation and I forgot to call my church to find out when Mass is tomorrow and I'm sure I'll get the not going to church lecture. I just don't feel like dealing with them.
Paige whined, fussed, threw tantrums and clung to me all weekend. Mike spanked her last night after she sassed me over and over (not too happy about the spanking BTW because she kept saying "Dad spank Paige" and tonight we finally put her in time out for the first time. It seemed to work pretty well. She sat on the kitchen chair for 2 minutes. It all started when she insisted on taking 2 cups of water to bed, we said no pick either the green one or the purple one, she picked the purple one, we put the green one away and all hell broke loose. She screamed and would not calm down, and would not sit on my lap to read books before bed. We said come and sit on mom's lap before I count to 3, or you're sitting in time out. Well she sat in time out.
PHEW. I feel much better.
2 comments:
Maybe it's because I'm old and tired but personally I wouldn't have picked that particular battle to go to war on. I usually ask myself, what's the harm in (insert whatever toddler insists on doing)? If she wants to wear her pink flip flops, I'm not fighting her about it just because they don't match her outfit. Two days ago, Stef insisted that I wear purple panties, even though I already had green panties on and my jeans were up & zipped and my shoes were on. So I put the purple panties on over top of my jeans, which she thought was the silliest thing in the world and made me take them off. I just promised I'd wear the purple ones the next day. No biggie, meltdown averted, and I still got my own way.
Feel free to tell me to butt out if I tick you off with this unsolicited advice.
Choose your battles kinda thing, Ima sap though yes, if she wanted two sippy cups I'd likely of let her take em, although I do think that's why she's a little more bratty than the average 2 year old monster at this point. She does indeed have time outs as well though, she cries like I broke her arm but it does work out in the end, rarely does she say Sorry lately, but I know it'll come in time. Everyone handles things differently and whatever works for you :)
Post a Comment