Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Crabby

OK I don't have PMS but EVERYONE is driving me nuts right now. I'm holding this stupid grudge against Mike because he got to have 2 long, fun child free weekends in the last month. Paige is driving me crazy. I'm not sure how it's possible but she has gotten even more picky in the last few weeks. She won't eat supper, goes to bed hungry, wakes up early because she is hungry and then is a bear. Good times.

So Mike first. At the end of October he was gone from Thursday night-Tuesday night, up north hunting birds and doing guy stuff. Fine. Paige and I kept busy, but still it's hard doing all the laundry, cooking, cleaning, dog care, baths, bedtimes, naptimes, etc. alone. So this past weekend was opening weekend of gun deer season. He goes up north again from Thursday night and just has to stay there until he gets a deer, he finally shoots one on Sunday and doesn't get home until 10pm. So for the 2nd weekend in less than a month, I have to listen to "I miss my daddy" all weekend. Sunday night when she was really throwing a fit, I called Mike on his cell and put Paige on the phone. I tried to make him feel bad, but I don't think it worked. He comes home with a crapload of dirty laundry, stinky, unshaven, and a deer that needs to be cut up. Great. Then he wants me to put out last night. I was in the mood for a little while, but then he started to get a little pushy about it and it turned me off. Then he got pouty, got up to take a shower, and fell asleep on the couch. Whatever.

Paige next. I'm not sure how it's possible but she has become even more picky. She's sick all the time and I know it's because her immune system is so weak from not eating fruits and veggies. She wanted mac and cheese the other night, and a very specific kind. Not the shells, just the regular plain jane kind. So I make it, and she throws a huge fit because it's yellow not orange. She picked at it for a while and then I took it away and told her no snack that night. Monday night I made this really good pork chop thing with potatoes and onions simmered in beef broth and a fruit salad. She wouldn't touch any of it. So I made her sit in her chair until she was done. She wouldn't eat it so we just put her right to bed. Last night we had it for leftovers and a different fruit salad with grapes, pineapple and mandarin oranges. She said she'd eat a few grapes and I told her to choose either one pineapple or one orange. She chose an orange and then refused to touch it. I threatened all kinds of things and she wouldn't budge. Finally I told her to go sit in a time out until it was bedtime at the end of the hall in the dark with no toys or blankie. I was livid. Mike played the good cop and convinced her to try the pineapple which she did and ended up eating like 5 of them plus a few grapes.

She has gotten even more whiney if that's possible. Last night she whined because I didn't give her floss. I made her ask for it nicely and she did and then threw a shit fit because I tore it off myself and she wanted to do it all by herself. AGH!!!! I just hear her go "mommmmmmyyyyyy" in her whiney weepy tone and it just irritates the crap out of me. It's like nails on a chalkboard.

This morning was horrible too. Mike for some reason has started to play music for her to fall asleep too. Well she woke up this morning going "DADDY? DADDY!!!! DADDY?!?!" all pissed off and throwing another shit fit because her music wasn't playing. Great way to start the day. Of course Mike had already left for work by this time. Then she insists on bringing her blankie to Sandi's and I had to say no and that led to another whiney tantrum. Why Mike has started playing music now at bedtime is beyond me. I swear that man does not think. I told him that we shouldn't do that because we don't want her to get used to the music and then have to drag a CD player everywhere we go overnight. He goes "oh yeah I never thought of that." DUH!!!!!!

Off to a work meeting. Yippee.

2 comments:

Krista said...

Girl, I feel your pain!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.