Monday, June 09, 2008

Monday Secret

So this really isn't a secret, but it's something I'm starting to become very worried about, especially after last week's Monday Secret.

I'm deathly afraid that Paige will have major eating disorders as she continues to grow up. It runs in my family, I over eat, my sister doesn't eat enough and it's all about control with her (my sister.)

I've noticed that Paige will not eat just to have control over a situation and to prove a point. The other day for lunch she wanted spaghettios and basically picked the meatballs out and proclaimed she was done because she was full. I knew this couldn't be true but I've decided not to argue with her about food. So Mike says no you are not full, and how about if we take turns eating? So he covers his mouth with the bowl during his turns and doesn't really put any food in his mouth and Paige scarfs down the whole bowl in like 5 minutes. WTF?!?!?!

Food is such an issue for her and I'm so mad at myself for allowing it to happen. I have no idea how to fix this mess.

1 comment:

M said...

Hmmm, I don't know. But I think it's great that you recognize that there may be a problem. You can begin to look for answers that much sooner.