Ok so this is kinda old news, but wanted to share it with my ya yas anyway. My dad was found not guilty on Thursday October 18th on all 5 sexual assault charges!!!! The trial was the 15th-18th and went to the jury around 12:30pm on Thursday the 18th. They deliberated for 8 1/2 LONG hours and finally around 9pm read the verdict. It was so emotional I can't even describe it. I'm trying to find some video of it, but here are a few stories:
http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?s=7232846
Here's a few with video:
http://www.wfrv.com/content/news/breaking/story.aspx?content_id=2063821C-2032-4DFC-9F0E-1D2E6C3837B9&gsa=true
http://www.myfoxnewisconsin.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail;jsessionid=4CD11BBD3B4F51131F29E7B0CB3619E1?contentId=4682904&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1&sflg=1
http://www.nbc26.com/news/local/10660636.html
I'm in the red sweatshirt and brown pants, Mike is in the blue shirt and my grandma is in the white sweater. You can also see my sister who is blonde in the blue shirt and her husband who is in a light yellow and my mom. I was wearing a nice blouse under that sweatshirt but started to shiver and get really cold from the stress so I put that fleece on.
It's really hard to put into words the emotions we all felt not only that day but the entire week. The trial was awful to sit through, I actually had to leave the courtroom a few times. Thank god Mike was there to help me get through it. The waiting for the verdict was the worst. Thank god again there was a church nearby where we spent most of the day. We prayed and broke down a few times. Someone had brought in a meat, cheese and veggie tray for us to eat while we waited. I tried to eat a little but I couldn't. Around 7pm I started to breakdown a little and by 8pm I was beside myself.
I guess the silver lining in this is that we really saw the goodness in people that week. We had at least 5-10 family friends at the trial most of the time and people brought over so much food it was crazy. We also had so many people praying for us.
We did have a scare on Wednesday of the trial; around 10am my dad passed out while the police chief from their town was testifying and basically recounting his interrogation of my dad. My dad hadn't been eating or drinking much that week, was still running, and it was hot in that courtroom. Plus it was packed with people and the media. After about 45 minutes he was ok, thank goodness. His skin was this awful gray-green color. Of course the media had a field day with that. Here's one story: http://www.wfrv.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=494FB213-8AF3-4BB4-A6AB-32BE8FAA651C&gsa=true
My mom also testified and you can see that on the same website.
So anyway our lives can get back to normal and Paige can be alone with her grandpa again! They are coming up tonight to go trick or treating with us and are watching her this weekend while Mike and I go on a little weekend getaway. We are celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary a month late.
No baby news. We quit trying last month and will probably start back up again soon, but we are not going to get all caught up in it like we did.
OK back to work!
2 comments:
I'm happy for you and your father!!
Enjoy your trip!!
It was good to hear from you. We miss you
Sara - I am so happy for you and your family and you can put this behind you. I hope you and Mike enjoy your time away! Sending you baby dust, too.
Krista
Post a Comment