Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Been a Long Time

I can't believe it's been over a week since I last blogged. I have good intentions of keeping up, but work and home has been so busy, the time is flying by so fast!!!!

Last Friday I was on my way to a mom's group meetup and ended up in the ditch on the exit ramp about 5 minutes away from the place we were meeting. I've never gone in the ditch before so I was like "uh, now what?" Mike wasn't answering his personal cell, and my parents weren't home. I debated calling 911 but thought I'd sound stupid, so I called Spee Dee Delivery's main office because Mike has a work cell that only Spee Dee can call into. They hooked me up to his phone as he was battling a major snowstorm, bad roads and unplowed parking lots. He thought someone died so he was actually quite relieved when I told him I was in the ditch and a little bit like "what do you want me to do?" But luckily he had a Green Bay phone book with him and gave me a couple of tow truck numbers. The tow truck was there in less than 10 minutes, and as I was waiting for him, a cop shows up. I was like, oh shit, and tried to blow him off and hint that he should leave, not realizing he had to write a report. Duh. So after I'm pulled out, he writes me a warning. Not a big deal. Unfortunately, I looked at the bottom of the exit ramp and I see a mom from my group in her minivan that plowed over a stoplight. Luckily, her and her 2 kids were just fine. Paige and I were both fine too. There's very little damage to the front end of the car; we're not even going to get it repaired. And thank you to the portable DVD player inventor!!! Paige didn't make a peep the whole time because she was so engrossed in Blues Clues! A few times she'd tell me to "go Mama" and then "Mama's stuck in the edge" her word for ditch, but other than that she didn't whine or get cranky and stayed in her car seat the whole time!

On Saturday morning we went to a breakfast with Santa thing at our church. It was so fun! Paige sat in Santa's lap and snuggled right into him for pictures! We snapped only about 100 or so. She wouldn't really talk much, but sat there like such a good girl. Then we made a snowflake ornament and she got her face painted. We also bought some homemade candy and books. It was really fun. We didn't really do much the rest of the day.

Sunday we went to church and then grocery shopping and then home. Watched the Packers suck it up again. Paige woke up from her nap, came out in the hallway and announced "I awake" with rosy cheeks and wild hair. It was so darn cute! After her nap we ran back out to the place where we got our Christmas tree and bought a few more soy candles.

I have been sewing like a madwoman! I finished my mom's jammies and have the shirt done for step MIL, just need to start on her pants. Luckily pants are easy. I'm for sure making one more pair for my sitter and one for my sister. I might wait and give my sister her pair for her birthday in January just to give me more time.

I've been doing WW again the past week. My parents and I had a long talk on Thanksgiving where they told me how concerned they were about my weight and I confessed how out of control my eating was. So I've been tracking my points and trying to exercise almost every day. I email my mom my progress every night to keep me accountable. If she doesn't hear from me for 2 nights, she calls to check on me. I need someone constantly monitoring me. It hit me not too long ago that I've been eating and shopping compulsively to help me deal with this crap with my dad.

So the exercising, sewing, WW points entering, and emails every day have been keeping me busy at night! Plus Paige doesn't go to bed until around 8:30pm, so my time at night is limited. I haven't been getting to bed until around 11pm and then sleeping until 6:30am which has made me late for work for the past few months. Luckily no one has said anything to me about it.

Happy St. Nick's Day everyone! We're not doing it in our house this year, but probably next year.

4 comments:

M said...

Wow, sounds like we both had exciting car incidents.

I'm glad you've got your mom to help you out. It's always nice to have support.

Susan said...

Be careful you girls ! dang it

Terri said...

I need accountability on the eating thing too. Ugh - gained back 5 of the 15 I'd lost. I'm out of control too.

Koren said...

I could use a new pair of jammies too! Just kididng! You sound like one busy woman. Good luck with the WW. I'm gonna give it until my 6wk appt then I'm back on it too. Having nothing to wear sucks. I got rid of all my big clothes after Ian thinking I wouldn't ever need them again.