I know I'm a huge slacker and I must update this more often so here goes. This will be totally random as the thoughts come to my head.
I'm so sick of making pajamas I want to shove them up someone's ass. I finished a pair for my sitter Sunday night and right away started on my sister's pants. I made good progress on hers until my sewing machine had enough. I started acting funky and after three attempts I said fuck it and went to bed.
I have about 6 presents left to wrap and no room for them under my tree. We wedged the tree in between the couch and loveseat in our tiny living room so there is no room for presents and I don't want to making watering the tree even more difficult by forcing the waterer to move a crapload of presents. The presents are of course all for Paige.
BIL is so rude and cheap. We've exchanged presents with him and SIL and their 2 daughters. Well a couple of years ago we decided to only exchange for our kids and not the adults. Fine by me, less money to spend. So we always go out and buy nice presents that their kids will like and he sends us crap from his cheap gift closet. This year he went over the edge. He told us the 7 year old likes Polly Pockets and the 3 year old likes puzzles. So after one of my moms get togethers I made a point to go to Target (at like 9pm) and spend about 30 minutes trying to pick the best PP and puzzles. I wrapped them, packaged them, and took Paige with me on Friday to mail them. Was Mike involved in any of this?!?!? NO!!!!! AND IT'S HIS GODDAMN FAMILY!!!!! In the meantime, the BIL calls Mike and asks if Paige likes Dora and Mike goes "stop right there BIL I know exactly where you're going with this and no she doesn't need the Dora roller skates or scooter that are on amazon.com for $5 a piece" Mike had seen them on amazon.com and knew BIL did to. So we get a package yesterday for them and Paige insists on opening it and guess what's in there? GODDAMN F'ING DORA ROLLER SKATES!!!!!!!!!! Mike wasn't home yet so I called him up and gave him an earful while Paige whined and yelled for me to open them up. I'm THIS CLOSE to sending them back to BIL and telling him we're not exchanging presents anymore at all. I'm so sick of spending my time and money and putting thought into nice presents that his girls will want and we get crap from them. A few years ago while the adults still exchanged presents we got BIL a $25 GC to Home Depot and SIL a $25 to Target and we got some piece of shit picnic basket that we'll never use. And BIL had the nerve to say he wasn't sure who to give that to but figured we get the most use out of it. I wanted Mike to call BIL yesterday and tell him we're not exchanging for the girls anymore but he's such a puss that he refuses to do that. Christ we got more thoughtful gifts from our friends on Saturday; a Little People movie (Paige LOVES those movies!) and a Little Einsteins sweatshirt with Paige's name embroidered on it because their little 2 y/o likes Little Einsteins. I just want those damn roller skates out of my house. Who sends a 2 1/2 year old roller skates anyway?!?! UGH!!!
OK that's out of my system...what else? Oh of course PAIGE IS POTTY TRAINING!!!!! On Friday she saw her stickers on the calendar for pooping on the potty and decided she wanted to pee on the potty. I stuck her on and she went!!! She's even gone on public toilets!!!! She's had a few accidents, but that's to be expected. She's been telling us that she has to go, but we ask too. She only wears diapers at night and has been wearing the cotton training pants with the thick crotch during the day. Sometimes pullups during nap or if we're going for a car ride. I'M SO EXCITED AND PROUD OF HER!!! She peed 5 times at her sitter's yesterday and had a good long pee at our house right before we left this morning. My baby is wearing panties!! It's crazy!!!
WW is going OK. I lost 8 pounds the first week, but haven't lost any the past 2 weeks. I'm definitely eating better, but still too many sweets. That damn cookie exchange was bad news. I have way too many sweets in my house. I sent about half of them with Mike to work and I think I'll have to send more. I'm exercising as often as I can and keeping in touch with my mom.
I'm supposed to get AF Thursday or Friday and having been taking HPT's since last week Friday and they are all of course coming back BFN. Sometimes I think I'm PG and then other times not so much.
I have a cold and my nose is so stuffy. I'm blowing it constantly and it's not helping. I'm stealing Paige's humidifier tonight to help me sleep.
Dad's trial is in a month and I have so many mixed emotions. I want it to be done and over with, but then I want to go back in time and spend more time with him because what if he's taken away from us. It's going to be a hard Christmas, we'll all be wondering if it's his last one with us. Of course we all know he's innocent, but will a jury of his peers think so?
Off to meet with a co worker. Hugs and kisses!
4 comments:
Congrats on the potty training!!
Congrats on the weight loss!!!
Just chin up and make this the best Christmas ever!!!
Good girl for catching us up ! Merry Christmas :)
My policy on sewing is that if you have to get the seam ripper out for the same seam more than twice, it's time for a break.
That's not cool of your BIL. Steve tends to act the same way about his brother's family. I always tell him that it's not the kids' fault they have jerks for parents. Just a morsel for thought.
Roller skates for a 2 yr old is just plain stupid! I'd be sending them back too.
Yay Paige on the PT'ing!!!!!
Yay Sara on the weight loss!!! I've fallen so far off the WW wagon that I can't even see the dust cloud in the distance any more. Sigh. As soon as my bday cake is gone, it's back to being serious for me!
I know it's got to be hard about your dad. Try to focus on enjoying the time you are spending with him now. The trial will get here soon enough all on it's own.
We miss you!!!!!
Wow! You were really angry when you wrote this! Hope you had a great Christmas and things are better.
I don't know many 2 y.o.s who could roller skate. That guy sounds dumb.
Sorry about your dad. I hope it all works out.
As for the sewing, I think that's very impressive that you care enough to make them for people. Really sweet. :)
Post a Comment